Can you please look into this dispute I'm having. They refuse to pay for damages

reg028
Community Member
I am tired of explaining this. I bought sensors from a seller that were defective. In order to change thes sensors there are other factors involved. once you take the top off the engine to change them you must instal a NEW intake manifold gasket. This gasket is NOT REUSEABLE contrary to the sellers argument.
Because their parts were defective and malfunctioned I have to take my engine apart again. When doing so I will once again have to buy the sensors (from someone more reputable this time) as well as replace the intake manifold gasket again! I did alot of shopping around to find this gasket at the lowest price of just under $75. I have the proof of purchase email from Amazon where I bought it.
The seller was very quick to refund me my full amount of purchase price however all they were concerned about was that I didnt give them a negitive feedback review. they just wanted to refund me and get rid of me. I appreciated being refunded...but I am still out $75 for the gasket!
They dont answer half of my emails and when they do its broken english. Perhaps the problem is that its getting lost in translation. Regardless, I feel I sould not only be compensated for the defective parts but the other parts that their garbage product ruined and I will now have to replace.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can you please look into this dispute I'm having. They refuse to pay for damages

I have the proof of purchase email from Amazon where I bought it.

If you bought the defective item on Amazon, why are you complaining on eBay?

If you bought the item on eBay go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not As Described dispute.

If more than 45 days have passed since purchase, go instead to Paypal and do the same.

The first suggestion will be to contact the seller.

You have already done that so go to the second step which escalates to a claim.

The seller will be instructed to refund you- BUT.

You may be instructed to return the defective item to the seller. If this happens, use a Delivery Confirmed service.

When the seller has the item back, he will be instructed to refund your full payment. But not the return shipping, usually.

If he does not do so, Paypal will refund you and go after him for their money. He will have other fallout.

Neither of you will be able to leave feedback.

I did alot of shopping around to find this gasket at the lowest price of just under $75.

And the lesson for today is, the lowest price is not necessarily the best deal.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

OK Femmefan, perhaps I didnt clarify this enough. I bought the Gasket from Amazon. there was NOTHING wrong with the gasket. it is not REUSEABLE. But because I decided to to a top notch job while I was replacing the gasket and had everything tore apart I bought KNOCK SENSORS from a dealer on EBAY which are garbage which means I have to do this job AGAIN and will have to buy another gasket which I have already stated is NOT REUSEABLE!!!
As for your first mistake...I didnt buy defective parts from Amazon...I bought defective **bleep** off of EBAY which destoyed my good part I bought from Amazon. Is that a little clearer for you? And your comment about buying the cheapest doesnt necessarily mean buying the best....Its the exact same part, stock number as the part that is $200...but for whatever reason all you crook sellers seem to have different prices and different shipping rates.
If your going to give me advice on this how about you give something alittle more constructive instead of making me out to be the bad guy...the EBAY seller is ripping me off...plain and simple...and EBAY doesnt seem to give a **bleep**...I have yet to see anyway of contacting them and no one from them has contacted me...I think all there replies are automated.
This site sucks...from now on I will only deal with AMAZON.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply