Canada Post Discounts BIG RIP-OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

bookworms-den2004
Community Member
-------------HELP----------------
Requesting responses from the sellers using the Canada Post discount program.I signed up and have been using for about one month now.They claimed that a level 6 was the same rate as the Government gets.I just received my first two invoices now a got a huge SHOCK!!!!!!!! I received a bit of a discount on my Canadian buyers,my U.S. and International packages never received ANY DISCOUNT and for about 50% of these i paid approx 25% EXTRA.Is anyone else getting the same as this.Who would believe that my discount is costng me MORE MONEY than if i was to go to the counter and send.I have informed my representitive that i will no longer be using the discount service as i cannot afford to go there.Any comments from othewr users would be most helpful as surely i cant be the only one getting ripped.
Bookworm.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Canada Post PS discount is a Joke

The discount to American is on Air only !!!!

"quote"
"international shipping discounts of 5-15% on our Xpresspost USA"

You will notice that the discount is not on International shipments , it's on international Xpress post USA and it's 5 to 10 %

The 25% extra you paid on Shipment was because you used the on-line program

Read past posted I have commented on how you can same by opeing your own account
Todd
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

bookworms-den2004
Community Member
Hi Todd
I have only been using the manifest form.I will not use on-line system.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
This may be why you are not getting a discount . You see whne you use the manifest and are under the CP powerseller . You basically get nothing....nada..zero ....

You would be better off ...opening your own CP account and then at least you get . The small business discount

Curious did they (Ebay or CP ) tell you that , you would get a discount even if you used the manifest ??

Because others on this board were told . If they applied for the PS CP discount and wrote the manifest manually the discount would not aplly on the Air to America

Todd
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The only discounts available to anyone is express post.I had by the way, TWELVE express post mailings go missing over Christmas. The tracking numbers indicated that they were received but my customers never got them. Finally I had to contact the Canada Post ombudsman. I think, quite frankly, that our postal system is a disgrace.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

bookworms-den2004
Community Member
Hi Todd
I signed up as a small business,not the PS discount.My representative claimed that all packages would receive a discount and also would be at Government rates as well.I voiced my complaint to him in Vancouver and he has since disappeared and does not answer emails.Today i phoned Ottawa and informed them that i would not be paying my invoices until this gets fixed and they honour their promises made when i signed up.My Postal worker at the local Post office says that they have a customer using manifest forms (he sells video's) and he gets his discount and he also sends everything expedited as well.Maybe that is the answer as i am sure all expidited packages got the lower rate.I sent out expidited on my over 1kg lots and the postal workers did not bother to scan the bar-codes so when i checked to see where packages were they were not in the tracking system.I was not impressed.They did arrive though.
Don
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
The more I hear from people having trouble with Canada Post and small business rates the happier I am that I have chosen to stick with my V1 card. I may pay a little more in the long run but I know what my discounts are and what I'm paying up front. No unhappy surprises when the bill comes in at the end of the month!

Monique

Monique

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
If you are manually writing the manifest and shipping to America . There is only one rate there is no discount other then the small business discount .

While if you use the online program you get a discount , depending on the volume you can get level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to America ground . Also get level 1, 2, 3, 4 across Canada

However the discount from 1 to 6 is pennies for the online program to America. In fact if compared to writing it with the manifest to America , you will find the savings little to slim

I would be interested to see were you get with CP

Message 8 of 8
latest reply