Canada Post Down?

Trying to ship some items this morning, can't get a HS code from Canada Post, says the system is unavailable!

Is there another site to get these codes?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Canada Post Down?

I had the same problem this morning. Canada Post was doing site maintenance over the weekend but it was supposed to be ended.

You can try a google search for another source of HS Codes. I know they are out there. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Canada Post Down?

I keep these three (my most commonly exported) on file. Feel free to use them if they apply. 

Tariff Schedule

950300 - TOYS Die-cast miniature models of metal or Construction sets Of plastics
491100 - Stickers Other printed matter, including printed pictures and photographs
490300 - Children's picture, drawing or colouring books

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Canada Post Down?

What I do is find the HS Code when I am listing, either by the Canada Post search or my most frequent used HS Code list I made, then I have an Item Specific I made called "HS Code" in the listing and I add in the HS code when I list. Then when I sell an item and ship, the code is there to use.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Canada Post Down?

hlmacdon
Community Member

@avenueshopswapsell wrote:

Trying to ship some items this morning, can't get a HS code from Canada Post, says the system is unavailable!

Is there another site to get these codes?

You can lookup HS codes via the CBSA site here

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Canada Post Down?

The ones I use most often are

Books-- 490199 and

Postage-- 49070010

Make a paper list of your most commonly used codes. Then you don't have to constantly be looking them up.

BTW-- You do know that Paypal labels are often cheaper than Canada Post with VentureONW/Small Business Options, right?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Canada Post Down?

Thanks, I found them...I do have a list for common ones, but I needed one for 3D glasses...

I do use Paypal labels, just needed the code from Canada Post.  I put a post on their Facebook page, no response...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply