Canada Post May Cut Mail Delivery To 3 Days A Week!!

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/15/canada-post-cuts-could-be-looming

Canada Post has an large amount of debt and is thinking about cutting mail delivery to 3 days per week as a way of cutting costs. I almost 100% rely on shopping online and I know many sellers are already dealing with low feedback because packages aren't getting to peoples places fast enough for their liking. Can you imagine having to explain this to your customers? This is going to be a disaster if this happens!!

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Canada Post May Cut Mail Delivery To 3 Days A Week!!

I found this on youtube.

This isn't my delivery guy but he uses the same system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxHIhw1mnuQ

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

My paper shows up around 5am and the guy tosses it out of his car window while driving by.

That would happen once and either they would replace the paper or I would cancel it.

I know that the LFP discontinued the afternoon edition years ago.

They'll be lucky if they're making a morning edition soon.

They are in trouble.

I remember not too long ago one of their writers suggesting people go to stores to get info on a product and then buy it online.

I wonder if thoses stores have stopped advertising with the LFP.

I haven't read the LFP since.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

The only mail I can really see being time sensitive would be Child tax benefits checks, GST checks and income tax checks. Some do get direct deposit but many don't still

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want just anybody delivering credit cards, checks etc. to my door. A complete background and criminal record check should be done because there is tons of stuff coming in the mail that has information on it that in the hands of the wrong person can be really damaging and opens doors wide open to fraud. So I wouldn't trust a kid who delivers my paper with my mail.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want just anybody delivering credit cards, checks etc. to my door.

I don't trust the post office to do that either.

Why does Canada Post tell you not to send cash in the mail?

FedEx, Purolater or UPS should deliver credit cards, checks etc. to your door.

I would trust all 3 to deliver cash.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

It would be cheaper to use UPS or FedEx for those few.

Rather than maintain an outdated postal service.

If you can afford to write letters with antique pens.

You can afford to have them delivered by courier.

Obviously the cost of a courier would be expensive.

The postal service is not outdated, it’s just not used like it use to be. Are horses outdated? There are actually more horses in the world now than there were in the past. Hard to believe….but true. Are maps outdated, since more and more people have GPS? Are home telephones outdated considering more and more people have cell phones? Are books outdated since more and more people use computers and readers etc?

It seems to me that some people have such a hatred for the postal service, that it’s gone from ‘lets make it better’, to, ‘lets totally destroy it, just to teach them a lesson’.

Antique pens aren’t all that expensive…..who told you they were? Some can be if you get into the rare categories, but that’s the same with just about anything. I have several antique pens with different nibs. Writing is an art form and I wouldn’t want to see it die.

I know that the LFP discontinued the afternoon edition years ago.

They'll be lucky if they're making a morning edition soon.

They are in trouble.

LFP owned now by Sun media. Garbage newspaper. No loss if it goes, not because it’s part of Sun, but because it’s reporting (using the term loosely), is pathetic.

Photobucket
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

If you want to write and send letters. You pay for it.

There is absolutely no reason for Canadians to pay for and outdated service that loses money.

The post office could set up a system similar to gmail and sell advertising to pay for it. They must make money from delivering ebay sales.

Why not set up a reliable payment system similar but better than paypal.

The post office can change, They did get rid of the pony express and stopped using stage coaches to transfer the mail.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

There is absolutely no reason for Canadians to pay for and outdated service that loses money.

It’s not ‘outdated and the only reason it loses money is because it is poorly run….like many things government controls but has no idea what they are doing.

The post office could set up a system similar to gmail and sell advertising to pay for it.

I feel we are bludgeoned enough with advertising as it is. You want more?

Gmail? LOL I don’t want my letters hacked.

They did get rid of the pony express and stopped using stage coaches to transfer the mail.

That’s not destroying it.

Believe it or not, a lot of people are increasingly tired of this ‘new world’ that has become continually more of a problem. Things were invented as time savers and yet, we have less time than we did before.

Photobucket
Message 27 of 30
latest reply

sheesh and here I thought they already only worked 3 days a week and got paid for 5. My bad.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

It’s not ‘outdated and the only reason it loses money is because it is poorly run….like many things government controls but has no idea what they are doing.

Since it is highly unlikely that they will contract it out to the private sector, so they may as well shut it down.

The biggest problem is they caved in to the unions year after year.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

The biggest problem is they caved in to the unions year after year.

The psychology of people is often so easy.

Photobucket
Message 30 of 30
latest reply