Canada Post Tracking System not working?

I recently ordered an item 3 days ago and it was expected to come by today. 

I'm a little worried because for those 3 days the tracking system apparently says that its still being accepted in the Post office in Calgary (the order was coming from Alberta). This is my first time buying something online and I'm just really confused. Anyone else having this problem? 

I also added a screenshot of what's going on down below.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The delivery time is an estimate only and things do seem to be taking longer than usual in some parts of the country.

If you look at the bar on the top of your screenshot, you'll see that the arrow has moved from accepted to in transit so I don't think that there is any need to worry.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The arrow has been on the same spot for a few days though.

-sigh- Oh well I guess I'll wait till tomorrow. If it hasn't been delivered I'll just contact Canada Post. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

There should be an estimated delivery date just above where you cropped the screenshot.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

There is a difference between Tracking and Delivery Confirmation.

The former registers the parcel at every stop along the way.

The latter registers receipt of the parcel (usually) and then the postie registers delivery after he drops it into your mailbox.

If the parcel was tracked in Calgary and put on a truck, there won't be any further tracking until the truck arrives.

All Canada Post deliver numbers are optimistic. And usually they are between major centres. So Calgary to Montreal, 3 days. Calgary to St. Louis de Ha Ha, a week.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I know how u feel. I had an item shipped on jan 2ed to Edmonton alberta and had no tracking. On it sence it was at the border. Just showed up today and after paying the extra shipping and **bleep** throu the global shipping program that thay stat (no extra fees on delivery ) is bull**bleep**. I had to pay another 25$ at the post office to get my parcel. Just a heads up and good luck
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@mr2boostedjunky wrote:
I had an item shipped on jan 2ed to Edmonton alberta and had no tracking. On it sence it was at the border. Just showed up today and after paying the extra shipping and **bleep** throu the global shipping program that thay stat (no extra fees on delivery ) is bull**bleep**. I had to pay another 25$ at the post office to get my parcel. Just a heads up and good luck

Was your item sent to Kentucky for processing before being forwarded to Edmonton?  If not, your item wasn't sent through the Global Shipping Program.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

If this is for the car starter? Contact your seller and ask if the item was actually sent through the global shipping program. If he sent it directly to you rather than to Kentucky through the GSP then you should be able to get back the import fees that you paid ahead of time.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply