Canada Post Tracking # only work after it's been delivered :(

I used xpresspost and expedited parcel post quite a bit and it's very annoying to have customer calling you or emailing you all the time because the tracking # does not work!
Most of the time it shows up only after it's been delivered.
(package sent out from toronto)
Today in one of those forum, someone accused me of scamming him because the tracking # does not work for 2 days. (toronto to calgary)
Anyone has similar experience?
What to do?
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Part of the reason we left Canada Post for Fed-Ex is CP's so-called tracking system. We used to always send an email, with the shipping information and would inform the buyer that the tracking system will only state when item dropped off, when transferred to the sorting station (Mississauga in our case) and that there would be nothing else listed in the tracking info until after the delivery. We found, for the most part, that by communicating this information to the buyer as soon as you shipped, helped alleviate any worries that they had been scammed.

Since leaving CP and using Fed-Ex now, we are so at ease with their tracking system, basically holding our and our buyers hand all the way though, with entries at every scan point. It does so much to put the buyer at ease. And lets not forget how much money we are are saving/making using the negotiated discount structure we now have with Fed-Ex. So much better than CP's measly 5% on their Venture program.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

mtfman
Community Member
Had this happen 4 times this week
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
mtfman - thought you were using USPS?

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Snoopwiz do you use fed ex for US shipments?
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Hi Cello10. We use Fed-Ex now for all our US & Canadian shipping. We are however using CP for items under 1KG but, that is less than 1% of our business. Fed-Ex just cant compete, price-wise for the under 1 kg but simply blows CP out of the water for medium & larger items. Feel free to email us direct if you have any further question.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

wsboyd
Community Member
You're lucky !
Most Expedited items I mail to the USA never show as arived, even a YEAR after the Buyer tells me it arrived.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwsboyd
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Hmmm, I've had pretty good luck with my tracking numbers...both to US and within Canada (don't do much international sales with a tracking number)

I don't know how many of my customers actually take the time to look up their package tracking, but I do sometimes, and it shows them arriving, delivering and going to their destination...although yes, sometimes it does take a day or 2. If that happens, I tell the customer to actually CALL Canadpost instead of just checking on-line.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Go to www.usps.com and enter the tracking number there. Enter the letters at the beginning and end as well. You'll get better info on USPS than on CP.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I have to say that I have not had much problems with CP.Have you ever tried calling in to their help center?I've always recieved more information that way.

I went to FEDX to ship an item overnight, and I could not believe the amount of forms I had to fill out.I hear a lot of you use FEDX. Is there something I am missing here?Is there a system with Fed-x that decrease the amount of paperwork?
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

greatwhitecollectables
Community Member
How do you set up FedEx ?
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Is there a system with Fed-x that decrease the amount of paperwork?

Not really, if you do your shipping online it's a bit easier (except on ink or toner that is)

How do you set up FedEx ?

call 1-800-go-fedex
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

trmalo
Community Member
Hi- I had similar issues with Canada Post. The problem is is that the "tracking number" they issue you is ONLY for the item while IT IS IN CANADA. They do not track it within the U.S so after customs gets through with it -then the USPS it is anyones guess when it arrives. I had a lady place a order in Texas in the first week of NOVEMBER and it arrived in the second week of JANUARY !!! How pathetic- and that was expedited.You pay for so -called tracking when in reality it isn't- they only track it within Canada which does you absolutely no good when you are shipping to the U.S- it is practically pointless.Just another way for them to overcharge and take their sweet time-they don't care about our customers getting mad at us like we are delivering it ourselves!
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

finells
Community Member
If you do your own shipping online what I do is save a copy of the PDF and when they ask for shipping tracking number I send them a copy. It puts their mind at ease.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Once your Canadapost parcel has entered the USA you should track the package at www.usps.com. That is usually more up to date on then www.canadapost.ca
Message 15 of 15
latest reply