Canada Post and Tracked Parcels, what should I do? =(

This is very annoying. This morning I woke up since 9am waiting for a parcel, because yseterday's tracking status on CP website showed that it has already been processed in my city so I anticipated a delivery to my door this morning.

I was waiting and waiting, and then my dad who came home at 11am handed me the delivery notice card that was hanging on our door!! The postie did not ring the doorbell and did not knock on our door at all, and simply left the notice card outside! This has happened to like every other tracked parcels I get to my door, that the postie did not attempt an actual delivery and just left a bloody notice card to the door. He or she did not even bother to tick if it was "no answer" etc on the back of the card.

Now that means I have to wait until tomorrow to pick up the parcel from the post office outlet. Here is another problem: I have to go to work tomorrow, and my work hour COMPLETELY overlaps with the outlet CP has assigned for my area. I don't know why they assign that outlet to my area... I really dislike that outlet, as it is the least accessible one out of the three outlets within 2km, it has the shortest opening hours, it doesn't open on Sundays, and the clerks there are unfortunately not efficient. I never mail my items from that outlet for reason mentioned above, and the only time I unfortunately have to go there is to pick up my tracked parcels. I wish CP would at least send the parcel to the outlet that is actually closer to my house since that one opens until 8pm (and it's actually on the way to/from work that I don't have to make detours!). 

What can I do with this situation, that posties are not delivering the items as they are supposed to? My parcel is only 4kg it's not that heavy; a toddler is heavier! Is it that hard to deliver it properly! Also, does anyone know if it's possible to request that all future tracked parcels be delivered to a different postal outlet?

Another problem is, my parents told me to "put up with it" instead of filing an official complaint to Canada Post, because they are worried that said postie might come back to do something to us, like as revenge for the complaint or something. This no-delivery issue has been ongoing for a couple of years already, like every other tracked parcels I get end up getting only a card to my door (and one of us is actually at home) instead of an actual delivery. 

Thanks for any input. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The exact same situation was happening to me. Everyday I was expecting a parcel the tracking status would show "Item Out For Delivery". I would wait around for the parcel and after a while of waiting I would go check and there it is a Delivery Notice card.. This never used to happen until CP switched our mail delivery person and when the new girl took over she never even attempted to deliver parcels just leave the delivery notice card.

I finally had enough and filed a complaint with CP. It still did not fix the issue. After filing several complaints and no fix to this issue I decided to contact one of the head supervisors. After talking with him this issue has never happened again, although the lady who delivers them likes to run her mouth but as long as I get my parcel I could care less what she has to say. 

You should definitely file a complaint. They are paid to deliver your parcel to you. Some of them are just lazy. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@moviemerchmania wrote:

You should definitely file a complaint. They are paid to deliver your parcel to you. Some of them are just lazy. 

This is precisely what my current letter carrier said.  I told him of previous carriers who would sit outside the apartment complex in their truck and simply write out all the cards without attempting to deliver any of the packages.  Now I understand how difficult and frustrating it must be for the carriers to deliver parcels in apartment blocks which all have different means of contacting the person (entry codes, telephone numbers, apartment numbers) and many floors to deliver to.

However, I'm told that these factors are taken into consideration when walks are established and, to reiterate my current postman, it's their job to make an attempt to deliver them.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Of course it is also possible that the parcels were not carried by Canada Post employees, but by contract workers. Still, complaints do work.

An undelivered parcel is more work for the post office (and post outlet) personnel. I'd be surprised if the counter staff had not already mentioned that some routes get a lot of 'undeliverable' packages. The postmaster should be aware.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The queen (read: mom) has warned me a few times yesterday and today to not file a complaint, so I didn't... I guess I will have just have to let it go. Parcel retrieved earlier by mom and nothing is damaged so I guess it's all good. 

Thanks for listening to my rant everyone. Just kinda glad (?) to know that my area isn't the only place with this problem with tracked parcels. My non-tracked parcels are much easier to deal with since they just sit in the big compartment in the community mailbox and I can get those whenever. I only use tracking when I'm buying something that's $100+ or I'm sharing a big order with friends, then I want to make sure those doesn't get lost. 

Hope everyone is enjoying summer out there Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
latest reply