Canada Post shipping calculator

sheriff_frog
Community Member
I just contacted ebay to see if they intended to implement a shipping calculator for Canadian Sellers. They don't plan to at the moment, but they told me to send the suggestion using this link

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/welcome/suggest.html

If any of you would be interested in such a feature, use the link and ask them! Each person who asks will probably increase our chances to see such a feature someday!
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

There is a Canada Post shipping calculator available for Canadian sellers. You can find it by doing an ebay search for Canadian Shipping Calculator. It is well worth the $9.99
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

weliquidate12
Community Member
I'd really like to know where the link is, I looked around and could not find it, thanks
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It's not a link, it is a Canadian eBayer selling a product he has written.
Try searching auctions
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

sheriff_frog
Community Member
I already know about this, but the problem is it can't deal with combined shipping. For me, at least, this is the main reason why I'd like to get an Ebay shipping calculator.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I already know about this, but the problem is it can't deal with combined shipping. For me, at least, this is the main reason why I'd like to get an Ebay shipping calculator.

I'm not sure how a CP shipping calculator would work for combined shipping, you need to know the weight AND dimensions to accurately calculate postage. Unless the package size does not change (only the weight) there is a lot of potential for costly errors.

Keep in mind I've never used a shipping calculator, like most sellers "shipping" involves more than the raw postage costs.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

sheriff_frog
Community Member
I'm almost certain that the postal calculator provided for US sellers does that. After all, all it needs to do is to add the volumetric weight of all auctions.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

OP, the postal calculator works for US sellers, because USPS doesn't take size into consideration, all USPS wants is the weight, but for Canada Post, the size matters, so it's more complicated. If you do combine shipping with Canadapost, you need to know the weight AND new dimension in order to calculate the CP cost. Hope this helps you.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Unfortunately CP cubes items, where as USPS does it differently. If you have 2 items, one long and skinny and the other square, the calculator will be of little use.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

After all, all it needs to do is to add the volumetric weight of all auctions.

That's fine if you know the size in advance which is easy with a single item. With multiple items how do you know in advance what size box you will be using?

Ben

- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

profsportsfishing
Community Member
i just bought scale because this it weighs up to 15 pounds. i find it alot easier and investment
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

sheriff_frog
Community Member
Unfortunately CP cubes items, where as USPS does it differently. If you have 2 items, one long and skinny and the other square, the calculator will be of little use.

Canada Post already offers a shipping calculator you can use in your webstore. It's not compatible with auctions, but it does take volumetric weight into account. It even shows you how to put the items in your boxes to maximaze space. If they can do this, there's no reason why they couldn't do the same thing for an Ebay-based calculator.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Would you mind posting a link to it?
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

sheriff_frog
Community Member
Here's the link:

http://www.canadapost.ca/business/offerings/sell_online_shipping_module/can/demo-f.asp

I still think the best thing would be to put some pressure on Ebay so they integrate such a module to their site. Have a look at the link you can see on the original post and send them such a "suggestion" too!
Message 14 of 14
latest reply