Canada adopted the Metric system in 1970. Does eBay know yet?

Anyone know why the shipping weights on the item listing pages are only in pounds and ounces?

Does eBay know we use Metric up here (mostly)?

This is the kind of expert help you can hire with revenues in the billions.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Canada adopted the Metric system in 1970. Does eBay know yet?

@milezero wrote:

Anyone know why the shipping weights on the item listing pages are only in pounds and ounces?

Does eBay know we use Metric up here (mostly)?

This is the kind of expert help you can hire with revenues in the billions.

On ebay.ca Canada you can change to metric in the Sell Your Item form. You have to go into Add or remove options in the SYI section headers to turn on metric if you are in imperial measurements.

The option has been available for years on eBay.ca.

On eBay.com, only Imperial is available.

PS You can customize the SYI form with Add or remove options so you can show things you use and hide some you don't use.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Actually the metric act was 1977. That was when cars needed to have metric odometers and speedometers. Kind of stupid that the word meter is used to name the gauges that measure speed and distance in miles for usa.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

Actually the metric act was 1977. That was when cars needed to have metric odometers and speedometers. Kind of stupid that the word meter is used to name the gauges that measure speed and distance in miles for usa.

Not so stupid if you spell metre correctly!

http://grammarist.com/spelling/meter-metre/

English is already a complicated language as words can have many meanings. The USA didn't help the situation much when they decided they needed to spell differently that the rest of the English world.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply