Canada only doesn't work

sidney1202
Community Member

When I browse items I like to buy from Canada only places. In the past, when I select the Canada Only radio button, only items sent from Canada where listed. Now I get items for all over the world still listed. There are certain Items I do not want to buy from over seas.

How can we fix that ?

Sidney

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Canada only doesn't work

@sidney1202 wrote:

When I browse items I like to buy from Canada only places. In the past, when I select the Canada Only radio button, only items sent from Canada where listed. Now I get items for all over the world still listed. There are certain Items I do not want to buy from over seas.

I'm seeing Canada located products when I have Canada Only selected (some of which are not available to Canada, since, for example, the Canadian seller is listing on the UK site and selling just to Europe).

But the button is only as good as the honesty of the seller since it relies on the Item location to work properly.

The only time I see International with Canada Only selected is when eBay fills out the bottom of the page with International Offers when there are few Canada offers.

-..-

Do you have an example search the displays this problem?

-..-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Canada only doesn't work

You mean to say that this selection as a filter isn't working? 

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 9.22.07 PM.png

It's along the left-hand side of the page at the bottom when you're using a desktop computer to do your search. On the app, it's hidden in a different place, under Refine --> Shipping ---> Located in Canada. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Canada only doesn't work

@mjwl2006 wrote:

It's along the left-hand side of the page at the bottom when you're using a desktop computer to do your search. On the app, it's hidden in a different place, under Refine --> Shipping ---> Located in Canada. 

That's the one. I select this button and I get items that ship from US, Hong Kong, China etc.. in my listings. It's really annoying.

Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&clk_rvr_id=1108649861960&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvve_BRDmg9Kt9ufO15EBEi...

Sid

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Canada only doesn't work

@sidney1202 wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

That's the one. I select this button and I get items that ship from US, Hong Kong, China etc.. in my listings. It's really annoying.

Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&clk_rvr_id=1108649861960&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvve_BRDmg9Kt9ufO15EBEi...

Sid

In your example: That's because there is ONLY ONE offer from Canada. The rest are are all in the items found from eBay international sellers section at the end of the listing -- eBay has always padded the search results list out if there are not enough results from a limited search.

Solution: Ignore everything after the divider mark.

-..-

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Canada only doesn't work

Ydpcdennis has the right of it. eBay wants its buyers to always have lots of choices so when a search shows only a few (or even zero) items, it will show the number of results that fit the exact search at the top, add a pagebreak barrier line, and then supply items that are similar to what the buyer has searched to find. If the thing in question is really rare, the page display won't be Items From International Sellers beneath the pagebreak but Similar Items that may be similar or dissimilar based on which search terms eBay attempts to match. It's always important to look very closely at what you have on your item listing page before you click Buy it Now for that reason. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Canada only doesn't work

It seems to me that this was clearer to see in the past. The "page break" is not clear but I'll keep an eye on that. Thanks for the info guys

Sid

Message 7 of 7
latest reply