CanadaPOST Expedited - USA (delivery taking 4-6wks not 6-12days)

Recently we have been receiving alot of complaints from our US buyers that their parcels still have not arrived even after 3weeks or more. So I called CanadaPOST and to my horror I was told by one of their agents that this infact is quite normal for parcel sent via Expedited - USA and infact it could take about 4-6weeks.

I asked her then why does the website information say 6-12days delivery - her response was this was an estimate and not concrete guarantee. Infact CanadaPOST does not offer any delivery time guarantee with EXPEDITED SERVICE.

Therefore, I asked her, ok so CanadaPOST is charging EXPEDITED RATES and actually delivering a GROUND SERVICE.

I told her then if this is the case why call it EXPEDITED -USA when infact GROUND-USA would be a more accurate title -- see could not answer this question and sounded very uneasy when I pressed her for an answer.

She also confirmed again to me that EXPEDITED-USA service does not and cannot get a SIGNATURE to deliveries in the USA, which means under eBay rules for items over US250 which require a SIGNATURE as proof of delivery you CANNOT use CANADAPOST since they do not have this capability -- for us this is a major problem since we do sell quite alot of items over US$250. We are now looking for an alternate shipper for these items. Most likely will be using FEDEX since UPS is just like CanadaPOST -- a ripoff with lousey service.

Thanks to CanadaPOST we know have 5+ active disputes for NO DELIVERY even though we did ship the items. To compound the problem even more the online CanadaPOST Tracking information for each item still shows that the item has not even left Canada - which leads the buyer to think we never even shipped the item and hence they get scared/worried and immediately file a dispute with eBay and/or ask for an immediate refund.

Also the tracking number that is printed on the EXPEDITED-USA label generated by the eBay shipping tool is TOTALLY USELESS since I was told by the CanadaPOST agent that the tracking information is NOT UPDATED PERIODICALLY and will only be updated AFTER the parcel is actually delivered and that they CANNOT guarantee if in fact it will be updated since this is done by USPS and NOT CANADAPOST.

I went to the USPS ONLINE PARCEL TRACKER and entered each items CanadaPOST Expedite-USA tracking number and sure enough it returned and UNKNOWN error message stating the the tracking number is INVALID.

I have had to contact each person by telephone to explain to them why their parcel has not arrived and to ask them to write letters or complaints to CanadaPOST and USPS for the long delay of their parcels and most have agreed to do so.

Thank you CanadaPOST for all your great efforts in ruining our image, reputation and not mention our business.

It would be nice to have some help from eBay to resolve these issue's but I am not holding my breath,

Any suggestions would be welcomed, any others experiencing the same problems??

Thanks,

TIM @ FTL
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

lilybean@ebay.com
Community Member
futuretech_liquidations,

I will forward your thread to Canada Post, and ask them to respond to you directly.

I use Expedited Parcel USA most frequently as it is more economical than Xpresspost and offers tracking, albeit a much slower service. I have not experienced any problems with the service, but obviously you have. Let me see what Canada Post says about the tracking issue.

Regards,

Lilybean
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Let me see what Canada Post says about the tracking issue.

They will probably just answer thruthfully....IT"S NOT TRACKING, it's delivery confirmation ONLY.

Although I don't use Expedited USA anymore, I did use it for about 5 years, at least 90% of packages were delivered within the suggested timeframe.

There have been occasional ongoing problems with delays caused by US Customs.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Thanks lilybean for forwarding the information to CanadaPOST.

These problems have only occured recently and began with shipments we sent out in late June and early July. For some reason packages to the WEST COAST are taking over 4weeks to arrive.

Some good news today, one parcel has been delivered to a customer located in Nashville, TN and it was delivered within the 6-12days range (was shipped AUG. 15 and delivered today).

So it appears like the WEST COAST deliveries are taking much longer to be delivered.

I look forward to hearing from CanadaPOST.

Thanks again,

TIM @ FTL
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

RECPED, if you are not shipping to the USA via Expedited Service then how are you shipping your items and are you able to provide tracking or do you ship via a non-tracking method to lower costs and take the risk associated with not being able to prove that you actually shipped the item should buyer claim no-receipt.

Always looking for a better shipping solution.

Thanks

TIM @ FTL
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

RECPED, if you are not shipping to the USA via Expedited Service then how are you shipping your items

USPS from Buffalo and personally I don't care about tracking unless it's a high value item (at least $200+).

I don't worry about claims of non-receipt, I've shipped almost 15,000 packages and have only lost 5.

- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

corkibaby
Community Member
Hey, I've just about given up on Canada post. Last week I had 10 small packages returned. They claim that the postage was not enough. When brought back to the post office to be re=weighed and shpped once again. No one could find anything wrong with them. MMMm Is someone getting paid to much. It sure isn't me..lol

And guess what? Tons of emails from people wanting to know where there packages are? Is there a better way of shipping packages? It seems to me that there should be other methods of shipping to keep Canada post honest. :_|
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Ship FedEx Ground. It'll cost you about the same, even at counter rates, not to mention discounts are EASY to get.
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

neverendingmusic
Community Member
We are experiencing exactly the same problem right now..expediated parcels that are taking forever to get to their location and customers very upset. Especially when it gives an expected date of delivery, which obviously in our cases, was WEEKS ago and the customers still do not have their parcel.
Perhaps taking a peek in Websters for the definition of
the word EXPEDIATED would help CP in picking future names for their shipping options!!! This is NOT expediated in any way shape or form.

Dan
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

mirtech
Community Member
Hello,

I would heavily suggest to use XpressPost. This is a little bit more expensive than Expedited but less than UPS Ground. With XpressPost, you will get a tracking number and THE most important thing: CanadaPost is following the timeframe promised. I have shipped more than 50 parcels in the last six months with this service and I never had an issue like all of you. Hope that help!
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

ddc*stuff
Community Member
recped.. are you a canadian shipping through buffalo? I'm near the border and could ship in the US which would sure cut waiting time for my customers. I just dont know where to find out what I need to do to take the stuff through customs legally. I would appreciate any help you can give.. I'm about 15 minutes from the Queenston/Lewiston Bridge.
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

ddc*stuff
Community Member
Futuretech I noticed that regular mail and surface packages get to my customers faster than expedited and airmail small package has the same time frame as surface...
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Well, thankfully so far all of the parcels are arriving but as i thought alot of unhappy customers -- the ones we managed to contact have understood and still left positive feedback only because we did call each of them and explained what was going on.

Xpresspost is was to expensive to use if we want to remain price competitive.

We are talking to other shippers right now and will definately be using another service for our USA customers in the near future. FEDEX and UPS are not viable alternatives as their pricing is also ridiculously expensive for shipments to the USA.

Thanks for all your suggestions/comments.

Needless to say - not one word from eBay, except for liiybeans comment about passing the info on to CanadaPOST -- guess what lilybean -- still NO RESPONSE!
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

wsboyd
Community Member
Ex-ped-ited:
From the Greek, ('Ex' =>'Out', 'Ped' => 'foot', 'ited' => 'done to it') Meaning "Out for a walk".
:^O
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwsboyd
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

heroesrsuper
Community Member
Hello future, no one at Canada Post will probably admit this to you but shipping in late June, July and August is the time where most items are late and or lost because of vacations. You will see it it get better this month.
Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Oh my god, this is not good news. Right now I have 8 packages shipped on Aug 14 but they are still not arriving! The 8 buyers of mine are all worried as hell. Some of them go as far as calling Canada Post and the US customs! Are the packages lost??? Is anyone else expericing the same problem as mine????? What happened to the packages? I called Canada Post. All they could say is there may be a delay the US customs! -Ryan 😞
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

neverendingmusic
Community Member
Canada post always blames all delays on US customs!. For the entire month of August our parcels to the USa have taken way past the stated time for delievery. Air Mail and Surface mail small packets taking 3 weeks to arrive. But they do arrive, so Ryan tell your customers that. I always share what I read online from other sellers and expain my frustration as well. They will get them. As someone else said everyone at CP must be on holidays or something. From problems we have I think they are on a 12 month holiday every year! ha ha!
Dan
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

submitoffice.com
Community Member
thanks God!, my item arrived 2 days ago, it took a whole month to delievery to USA, I won't ship any item to USA using canada post, I'll use UPS, it is safty..
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Anyone experiencing a better delivery time using this level of service?
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
not lately. in the last week or two, i've had about 4-5 people email where their item is, about 3 weeks into the purchase..
Kat
Message 20 of 21
latest reply