CanadaPost refused parcels printed via PayPal

First postage printed on 14:47, dropping batch of 5pcs at PO at around 16:50, refused. They are not in the system.

Tracking number 7210029698719524 shows the PO received shipping info at 17:41.

Going through 2 people I finally got to third (5min security checks on each, then hold, then new person and start again. I was ready to hang-up on 4th, fortunately the 3rd was the one) and she did some checking and found out this was CanadaPost network problem and apparently other people are having similar issue and it started July 7.

She was kind of reluctant to send me an official PayPal email descriving the issue, but I pushed, so let's see if I get some proof. I am going to try to bully CanadaPost into guarantee claim on these, should be over $60.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I wonder if this is at all related to the problem I had last week with Paypal labels (bar codes) being unreadable at the Post Office?  My P.O. clerk told me I was the only one she was having this issue with, and I'm probably the only person in this rural area who sells on eBay, so I don't think it was the C.P. equipment.  Although she had to manually input every bar code (on Expedited), the items were showing up on online tracking, although more slowly than usual. 

I came to the conclusion it was either my browser or Paypal's programme that was at fault (see earlier thread about Paypal labels on this discussion board).  However, reading your post now I'm not so sure.  

There are so many bizarre glitches and issues going on everywhere related to eBay that it seems hard to know where they originate.  EBay's site itself was in a bit of a mess earlier this week.  

I solved my problem with the unreadable labels/bar codes -- at least so far -- by switching to Google Chrome to access eBay/Paypal for label printing.  What browser are you using?  Is it Explorer by any chance?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sorry for incomprehensible first post, call was to PayPal.

We use Firefox. There is no problem with legibility of barcode, but massive delay between printing postage and PO knowing about it.

Last label we printed today at 16:12: was 7210029366325699 - showing CP learned about it at 18:59, so there was again 3hr lag. Normally we print labels even 15min before dropping them off and they are accepted.

PayPal did not accept any responsibility and promised email did not arrive, so PayPal person did not believe her own story enough to sign under it 😞

Message 3 of 3
latest reply