*** Canadian PowerSellers: Take the PowerSeller Challenge ***

bugsy@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello PowerSellers,

This year, Canadian PowerSellers (excluding residents of the province of Quebec), will be eligible to participate in the PowerSeller Challenge Sweepstakes.

I will be watching the boards and look forward to your feedback on the sweepstakes.

Thanks and good luck,
Bugsy

Below is an announcement from the US PowerSeller Team:

*** PowerSellers: Take the PowerSeller Challenge – Earn Money Back and a Chance to Win US$1,500!***

Hi everyone…We're pleased to announce the PowerSeller Challenge! An exciting addition to this year’s holiday season. The PowerSeller Challenge celebrates your drive and determination, making it more rewarding than ever to grow your business on eBay this holiday season.

If you’re a PowerSeller, register now for the eBay PowerSeller Challenge & Sweepstakes and receive your personalized sales target for the six week challenge period (November 15 - December 26, 2007). Your personalized sales target is based on your previous sales history over the last 12 months.

Grow your business – and earn money back!
Beat your personalized sales target and get 1% back. Get 1.5% back if your Detailed Seller Ratings meet certain thresholds – the difference between your target and your eligible sales during the challenge period. Plus, all participants will be entered for a chance to win one of ten $1,500US cash prizes!

We’re pleased to let you know that this year’s challenge considers your sales on eBay.com, eBay Express, Half.com, eBay Motors Parts & Accessories and eBay.ca in both the calculation of sales targets and eligible sales towards the target. The following listings are excluded: Live Auctions, Ad Format, Vehicles, Real Estate and Business & Industrial Capital Equipment. (Get full terms and conditions for the Challenge and official rules for the Sweepstakes.)

PowerSellers rank among the most successful eBay sellers in terms of product sales volume and customer satisfaction. We're proud to recognize and reward their success and significant contributions to the growth of the eBay Community.

Do you qualify to be a PowerSeller? It's not too late to join!
If you qualify to be a PowerSeller, but haven't yet accepted your invitation to the PowerSeller Program, it's not too late. (Learn more about the eligibility requirements.) We encourage you to join the program by signing up at the PowerSeller Portal. Members of the PowerSeller Program receive many benefits all year round including recognition and priority customer support. To participate in the PowerSeller Challenge & Sweepstakes, invitations to the PowerSeller program must be accepted by November 30, 2007.

Sincerely,
Edurne Jorda
Seller Development
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

treasure-pot
Community Member
Bugsy... is there a registration link you would care to share with us?

Bill
treasure-pot

Co-Author of

Bill

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

bugsy@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Bill,

Yes, sorry, it is en-route. My post was meant to be timed with a post on the Announcement Board. However, just in case it doesn't come up soon: http://ebay.promotionexpert.com/powerseller2007/index.html

Thanks,
Bugsy
Message 3 of 51
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
You were just about a half hour early. It is on the Announcements board now. Thanks.

Bill
treasure-pot

Co-Author of

Bill

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

Now if eBay would only stop restricting the volume I can list on eBay due to their new safe-sellers "policy".

99.8% positive feedback, and I'm considered an 'unsafe seller' due to a slow couple of months.

Ridiculous.
Message 5 of 51
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Now if Ebay would only come up with a promotion worth participating in.....

Come On! 1 dollar back for every hundred dollars of sales I generate OVER my highest 6 week period this past year. So if I somehow managed to sell $10,000 worth of merchandise between now and December 26th, Ebay gives me $50 dollars back. WOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!

And Ebay's fees run about 20% for me so Ebay gets $2000.00. This is a challenge. The challenge is finding Anyone stupid enough to bother.

I have a better idea, if I hit the sales target set for me in the challenge, how about free gallery for a year?? Oh yeah and you can send me that Power Seller Certificate I've never received. Too bad you got stuck promoting this dead dog challenge Bugsy. - Season's greetings.
Message 6 of 51
latest reply

*stealthtech*
Community Member
ouch... yes, that would not even cover the eBay and PayPal fees... I too am confused by this promo? Who does this better at the end of the day?

tea_past_times, I can photo copy the certificate they sent me after my ranting a few months back.. lol, after all its a generic certificate with a photo copy of Cobbs signature!

(C) sell-ur-stuff

P(C) sell-ur-stuff

Cheers! Sean

Click to visit sell-ur-stuff.com
http://pages.ebay.ca/theme/mystoryarchive/sean.html

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

LoL. I registered just to see what my target would be. It's taken from the "highest average" or some such nonsense... it came to over $17000 USD!!!

Ha ha ha.

Yeah. Dream on eBay.

John
Message 8 of 51
latest reply

bugsy@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi again,

Please continue to write in your feedback about this contest, either on this board or directly to me. I will be sending in feedback from Canadian sellers to the US PowerSeller team so that we can continue to improve promotions.

One point to remember, if you register for the contest, you do have a chance to win $1500 USD.

Some of you PowerSellers may remember that last year Canadians were not eligible for the PowerSeller Challenge. The eBay Canada team wanted to make sure that at the very least Canadian sellers received the same treatment as their American counterparts.

Thanks,
Bugsy 🙂
Message 9 of 51
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
One point to remember, if you register for the contest, you do have a chance to win $1500 USD.....

And if I buy a lotto 649 ticket I have a chance to win 17 million dollars.

And If I sit in a vegetable stand, there's a chance I might become an onion.
Message 10 of 51
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Why can't we win Canadian dollars??
Message 11 of 51
latest reply

Yeah! Who wants USDs, we pay fees in Canadian so we want to win Canadian dollars!

And if we want to have same promotions as Americans, why cannot I register for Ebay Mastercard and get 10% back from my purchases?
Message 12 of 51
latest reply

*stealthtech*
Community Member
And if I buy a lotto 649 ticket I have a chance to win 17 million dollars.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahha lol Sean

Click to visit sell-ur-stuff.com
http://pages.ebay.ca/theme/mystoryarchive/sean.html

Message 13 of 51
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I'm glad that we are finally getting the opportunity to participate in the .com contests.

Having said that....this is a pretty pathetic attempt to get us to line ebay's pockets with listing fees in order to get a very paltry return.

Monique

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

Absolutely. Considering that the money you win is a PERCENTAGE of how much you beat your TOP MONTH of sales in the last year (not the overall amount -- just by how much you actually beat your BEST MONTH EVER), and it CAPS OUT at $1500 USD / $1462 CAD (yes, you read that right).

You only have a chance to win $1500 USD if you really really really really blow away your RECORD sales of the year. Yeah.

John
Message 15 of 51
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
When you think about it the people who could benefit the most are those that have routinely ripped off ebay by having low prices and absurd shipping charges. As shipping charges are not included in the calculation...if they adjust their prices up and their shipping charges down they could easily beat their "target".

Monique

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Good point Monique. Your first one ever on these boards, but good point.
Message 17 of 51
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
I'll let you know if you ever make another one.:-D
Message 18 of 51
latest reply

*stealthtech*
Community Member
lol ~ that made me smile! Sean