Canceled Transaction but "buyer has not completed checkout" button highlighted in gray

I canceled the transaction and refunded the money to the customer.

eBay sent me an email saying "You canceled an order from ...., and we already notified them. You already refunded the buyer for this order, so you're all set. Thanks for canceling this order for the buyer."

On the item there's an eBay note saying "This order was canceled".

However there's icon that is highlighted in gray (pictured below) that says "buyer has not completed checkout".

Does the buyer still have to complete checkout before the order is completely canceled? I know that ebay has sent me the email that the order has been canceled but I'm still confused. I was the one who initiated the cancellation request and apparently the customer has to agree to the cancellation but the cancellation happened instantaneously after I initiated it.

So does that mean I didn't need their agreement, or do I still have to wait for them to agree and is that what the "buyer has not completed checkout" button is for?

Untitled.png

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Canceled Transaction but "buyer has not completed checkout" button highlighted in gray

Cancelled transactions do not vanish, the details hang around just like a regular transaction (even if the info displayed is often misleading).

You should be able to ignore it (do check to make sure eBay has refunded your Final Value Fees for the transaction).

Message 2 of 2
latest reply