Canceling order or not? What to do

I bought an item on June 15th 2012, and the payment cleared the same day. The listed item says that they will ship it within 1 business day of payment cleared, but they still have not shipped it yet, and it has already been a week since my purchase,  I also just received a message from the seller telling me that the item will take about a week or two to get shipped since they have to test the item before they can ship it. Now, they never told me that to begin with, and now I have to probably wait another week or maybe two to get my item shipped. I find this inconvienient and I would like to hear your opinions on this, I know that the seller has 30 days to ship their items according to ebay selling practices, but they state clearly on their listing that the item will be shipped within 1 business day, what to do, cancel or wait?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I would give them another week then open an "Item Not Received Dispute"

7 days after you open the dispute escalate it to a claim

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

If they ask you to close the dispute "Refuse" because you will not be able to open another one.

If they send you a "Cancelation Request"  decline it unless you get your refund first

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What takes a week or 2 to test. I would ask seller to refund my payment. No refund in a couple of days , open an item not received dispute/claim in the resolution center of your PP acct.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
I think that the seller may be intending to string you along until the dispute deadline expires. Open the item not received dispute as advised.Once opened ignore all requests by the seller to close the dispute until you receive a full refund. BTW,sellers forfeit their seller protection unless the item is shipped in 7 days or less. It's also possible that the seller is using a dropshipper and has no control over the time it takes to ship.Don't let this deter you from opening a dispute,however.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Any testing by the seller should have been done prior to listing the item.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

pmdoyle53
Community Member

I would Cancel and demand a refund.  Sounds like they are pulling a fast one or looking for another one....

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hello 'daer0n_tris',

Where did you buy it from? 🙂  You do not say what the item is or where it is located, but you have a very low feedback and to so many crooked sellers that means you can easily be taken advantage of, - and stolen from.

I agree that the seller is stringing you along.  It is a very common story here.  Follow the link posted by karl*katz, - it will briefly and clearly explain what to do for an Item Not Received.

You have 45 days to file a claim and it has only been 1 week so in theory it is too soon.  But sellers are required to ship within 7 days.  Not only is this one indifferent to your time, but you could use the money to buy the item elsewhere.

Cynical me believes that if you do not file that claim you will never see the item nor your money.  The seller claims to ship in 1 day, -- but not in your case?  I believe that is because you have a feedback of 8.  Stories about 'testing' are delaying tactics.  If it were me, I would open that claim as soon as my conscience would allow. 🙂

I wish you luck, and a happy ending!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply