cannot put in my canadian shipping address when buying

Hi I am a new member, when I clicked to buy an item, a pop up window asked Where should we deliver your order?  It rejected my address in canada. my  shipping address is in canada in the registration. your advise is highly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Are you possibly trying to buy from someone who doesn't ship to Canada?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Look at the listing again.

Beside the tab on the left side top of the Description is another tab that says Shipping.

Click on it.

Does Canada appear with a price or does it say Contact Seller for a quote on shipping?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Like the others before me, I strongly suspect the seller in question doesn't ship to Canada, or rather excludes Canada on his/her ship-to locations. 

To see less of this, do you shopping from ebay.ca (ebay Canada) and be logged into your account (Canadian registration) as you browse. This is supposed to filter all those annoying don't-ship-here listings. There's nothing worse than seeing things you just cannot have.

Or, if you live close to the border, consider a parcel service on the USA side and try shipping to your (new) address in The States. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

From the seller side of that equation, I too as a Canadian sellers have a list of locations to which I don't ship and there is a setting on ebay which logs who attempts to make a purchase from one of my blocked countries. It seems like a problem limited mostly to new buyers like you. I think it might be due to how new sellers are using the site.

Also, you can contact the seller directly from the listing and ask if they might decide to ship to you after all. There is no harm in asking but beware your delivery time might be long or the postage costs high. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the help,  when I finally used ebay.ca instead of ebay.com to buy,  my purchase was successful.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply