Cannot leave Negative feedback for buyers who don't pay

This is extremely annoying.  Buyers are free to leave negative feedback for sellers, but a seller cannot leave negative feedback when a buyer does not pay.

Don't reply with any of that BS file a non paying bidder **bleep**.  That doesn't work and it doesn't do anything.  When I have a bad buyer, negative feedback is the best way to deal with it.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Leave it in the feedback before unpaid buyers assistant opens a case

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

Buyers not paying is a reality......  

Think about going to a department store such as Walmart ...  pick up something... carry it around and leave it somewhere and not pay for it..... about the same as what happens on eBay....

----------------------------------------------

Also be careful ...

If a seller leaves positive feedback ... with a negative content, that seller can be reported and get into trouble for doing so.

----------------------------------------------

Sellers are able to block potential buyers with too many unpaid items.....  and that is the best a seller can do today....

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

Sellers  are evaluated on the basis of

(1) the feedback a seller receives

(2) How a seller  responds to  feedback that makes that seller unhappy...  specifically negative feedback.left by a buyer....

(3) The overall impression that all feedback for buyers makes

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

Again I am already aware of these things, as I said I don't care.  None of them work.  We should have the right to leave negative feedback, you do not click buy it now then don't pay without there being consequences, of which there currently are none.

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

There have been  many changes over my 10 plus years on eBay.

Non-paying bidders/buyers....  is a reality all sellers on eBay must deal with......

The only way we can deal with these situations is

(1) File  an ... Unpaid Item Dispute  .... and if a buyer collects too many  they are blocked from bidding/buying.

(2) Report a buyer.....

Any evaluation of buyers is anonymous....  It is ... Buyer beware

In the good old days when sellers could leave negative feedback ....  many buyers ended up shell shocked...  and many sellers were using buyers as targets.....   The level of antagonism against buyers  was best demonstrated on the Seller Central discussion board on eBay.com

Seller Central used to be a wild place... somewhat like Dodge City... Shoot and never ask questions.

The option is for each seller to understand why buyers do not pay... and in turn use ways to minimize their occurrence.

How many is too many unpaid items per year ?  

Depends on how much you sell.... and sometimes  on what you sell.

If we sell on eBay we accept the reality of eBay.  We adjust... or we leave....

Negative feedback for buyers is history  and will never show up on eBay again.... not ever again...

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

My most recent unpaid item buyer....

Filed an Unpaid Item Dispute, and closed it...... This person still wanted the book.

My answer..." This is the reality of eBay"..... No sale... 

Buyers have to learn that too many unpaid items can lead to many problems in buying on eBay...

Remember any evaluation of buyers is anonymous......

Many buyers do not know they can be blocked/prevented from buying... and when they find out it is too late

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

Selling on eBay is "Ebay's reality"

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

Everything you've said is complete .  I've been on ebay a long time.

If they won't let us have negative feedback to give them, then they should allow us the ability to have immediate payment required when using buy it now without needing a special account.

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

"then they should allow us the ability to have immediate payment required "

Seller can request "immediate payment" at time of listing.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

b287
Community Member

I have to agree with cybertron_toys. 

WHAT'S THE POINT OF FEEDBACK IF YOU CAN ONLY LEAVE POSTIVE FEEDBACK???????????????????

It's bloody rediciulous.  I USED to buy and sell on ebay all the time.  I've now diverted 90% of buying and selling of items to other online resourses.  Having next to no seller protection, rising fees has turned me away from eBay a lot.

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

@cybertron_toys wrote:

Everything you've said is complete .  I've been on ebay a long time.

If they won't let us have negative feedback to give them, then they should allow us the ability to have immediate payment required when using buy it now without needing a special account.

It only takes a couple of clicks to upgrade your paypal account to a premier or business account so that you can accept immediate payment.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/paypal-upgrade.html

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

Sellers are able to block potential buyers with too many unpaid items.....  and that is the best a seller can do today....

And it is more useful than leaving feedback.

Most sellers use Fixred Price listings, even auction sellers often have a Buy It Now on their listings.

With these the item is purchased before the seller can examine the buyer's feedback.

Sellers can set their Seller Preferences to automatically Block bidders with Unpaid Item Strikes and buyers without active Paypal accounts.

We don't have to deal with deadbeats because they cannot bid. 

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

@b287 wrote:

I have to agree with cybertron_toys. 

WHAT'S THE POINT OF FEEDBACK IF YOU CAN ONLY LEAVE POSTIVE FEEDBACK???????????????????

It's bloody rediciulous.  I USED to buy and sell on ebay all the time.  I've now diverted 90% of buying and selling of items to other online resourses.  Having next to no seller protection, rising fees has turned me away from eBay a lot.

FB stopped having any point a couple years ago. eBay is continuing to marginalize it. FB is nothing more than a count of reported bought and sold items, nothing more.

Seller protection is entirely within the prevue of the seller. My fees have gone down over the years.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 49
latest reply

@cybertron_toys wrote:

When I have a bad buyer, negative feedback is the best way to deal with it.

Not paying bidder - surely annoying, but surely not "bad". You simply need some patience, than file an unpaid item dispute - 4 days later you get your FVF back, and then you can relist the item. Don't forget to block the buyer.

Believe me, you should sell here for a little bit longer to really know, what a "bad buyer" can mean .....

I have horror stories to tell: I was blackmailed, insulted, humiliated and I even don't know anymore how many times a buyer has paid, and then charge back the payment. 

To survive on Ebay, you need to learn how to cope with all that situations.  

Message 15 of 49
latest reply

And sometimes it comes down to the demographic you sell to. 

Ask any gamergrrl about the self-satisfied and entitled attitudes of the fanboys and neckbeards the OP is selling to. It's a high risk bunch. 

Those who sell into a demographic that is buying necessities, or attract a more mature audience, or even just buyers who tend to read the listing, can be more laid back in their attitudes. 

I've been doing flyer drops at comic book stores and other geeky hangouts for the SF Con i'm involved with and some of their customers!! Most of geekdom is, like most of humanity, pleasant. polite and honest, but every now and then.... 

Message 16 of 49
latest reply

It just occurred to me to check the OP's FB. Ahem. OP got a neg and retaliated with a vulgarity. The pot is calling the kettle black, apparently.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 49
latest reply

Maybe the buyer was an ass!
Message 18 of 49
latest reply

"Think about going to a department store such as Walmart ... pick up something... carry it around and leave it somewhere and not pay for it..... about the same as what happens on eBay...."

This has to be the most idiotic example. I'm sick of seeing this argument on these boards. Since when do you commit to buy when you pick something up at Walmart and walk around with it???
Message 19 of 49
latest reply

Same as here. People do it and sellers complain about it.
Photobucket
Message 20 of 49
latest reply