China to Canada shipping,Does it always take longer?

friestan
Community Member

I bought an item from China and the estimated shipping is max of 24 buisness days. 24 business days past and nothing arrived. The seller contacted me that I should wait 35 Buisness days for the item. The seller alomost has 99% postive feedback. It is now 32 business days and nothing still, you guys think it will arrive and should I wait longer than 35 business days or make a claim immediately???.

PS. to canadian buyers who buy from China do the items really take longer than usual maybe even a month???

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Make a claim now for a refund.

Do not accept an offer from the seller to send a replacement.

If your purchase arrives after the seller has refunded, you can always send a second payment to pay for your purchase.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I've never ordered from Asia on ebay but based on what I've read, I don't think that a month or slightly longer is uncommon. When you say it has been longer than 24 business days, are you counting actual business days - Monday to Friday? That would mean that you ordered it around the first week in December.

If you look at your order details page, it will give you the exact date. rather than the number of days. You can open an item not received claim the day after that last date.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

PS. to canadian buyers who buy from China do the items really take longer than usual maybe even a month???

Most arrive sooner, just as most North American shipments arrive sooner than the 20 days that I personally allow.

But since some perfectly trustworthy Chinese seller use Surface shipping, 30 days is reasonable.

The red flag (heh heh) is the request for an extension and/or an offer of a replacement.

The 'replacement' all too often signals that there never was an original shipment. The extension pushes the buyer past the eBay deadline.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Fortunately, the eBay scammers do not seem to have caught on to the extended Buyer Protection that is automatic with using Paypal for purchasing, nor to the possiblity of a credit card chargeback.

And as pierre says, if the item actually does arrive, because there can be delays, you can repay the refund with Paypal's Send Money service.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I ordered a small inexpensive computer part from China last summer. It took 5 weeks. Based on the postmark, it was not put in the mail for almost two weeks. I don't know if that is normal to have such a long time to ship or the seller had to get stock. Just thought I would post this experience.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply