Christmas shipping

cherietales
Community Member
Hello. I ship mostly to the United States and use Canada Post Small Parcel to the U.S. Usually it costs either $3.95 or $5.75 shipping. I am concerned about my items getting to the States in time for Christmas. Any opinions on what deadline I should use? Also, what experience have you had with U.S. expedited parcel? Is there a flat rate like there is with small parcel? Do some of you stop selling at a certain date before Christmas? Is there some sort of notification you put on your listings? All advice welcome.

Cherie.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Christmas shipping

belldandyrose
Community Member
I believe I got a pamphlet or something from Canada Post about their Christmas deadlines.

I put up a notice on my auctions (since beginning of November actually) about the Christmas deadlines, but they haven't woken up buyers to shop early >_< I guess everyone procrastinates hmm?
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Christmas shipping

ruthsdevildog
Community Member
Try adding to your description somewhere that you are not responsible for the time it take the Postal system to deliver your items. I usually add that items going to the U.S. must clear customs and could case delays. I also send out shipping notifications on all items shipped so the customer knows when it was shipped and so I also have a record of it.
Hope that helps you.
Paul
Message 3 of 3
latest reply