Combining two different items in one listing

Hello,

I couldn't find any information about this: Is it allowed to combined two different items (collectible statues, in my case) in one listing? The items would have to go out in two separate shipments and the shipping cost would be the total cost for both shipments.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi! I'm not 100% sure I know what you are asking, but if you are asking if you can sell the two statues as one lot (in one listing) and ship them in two separate boxes, yes you can do that. Make sure to note in your item description that it will come in two boxes and that the shipping covers the shipping cost of both boxes.

If it were me, I would also send a personal message to the buyer after the sale reminding them that it comes in two boxes, so they need to watch for both. I would also probably put the tracking numbers in that same message too. (The only thing I don't think you can do is put both of the tracking numbers in ebayland for that item, I think you can only put one in for an item)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi - I just wanted to "second" the reply from 'ricarmic', and also add that a listing lot isn't limited to only 2 items.  You can include as many as you want in one listing (within reason - basically limited by your ability to ship and ability to include photos of all the items).  

Another point to remember for multi-item listings is to make sure you take very clear pictures of each item (or the group of items) so buyers can see without any confusion exactly what they're purchasing.  Also make sure your descriptive text is crystal clear about how many items are in the lot and which item is which (assuming there are differences between them), or if they are identical, state that fact, except noting any particular flaws, damage, etc. to one or the other.  

Best of luck! 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi! I'm not 100% sure I know what you are asking, but if you are asking if you can sell the two statues as one lot (in one listing) and ship them in two separate boxes, yes you can do that. Make sure to note in your item description that it will come in two boxes and that the shipping covers the shipping cost of both boxes.

If it were me, I would also send a personal message to the buyer after the sale reminding them that it comes in two boxes, so they need to watch for both. I would also probably put the tracking numbers in that same message too. (The only thing I don't think you can do is put both of the tracking numbers in ebayland for that item, I think you can only put one in for an item)

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes ricarmic, that is exactly what I was asking Smiley Happy  Thank you very much for your reply.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi - I just wanted to "second" the reply from 'ricarmic', and also add that a listing lot isn't limited to only 2 items.  You can include as many as you want in one listing (within reason - basically limited by your ability to ship and ability to include photos of all the items).  

Another point to remember for multi-item listings is to make sure you take very clear pictures of each item (or the group of items) so buyers can see without any confusion exactly what they're purchasing.  Also make sure your descriptive text is crystal clear about how many items are in the lot and which item is which (assuming there are differences between them), or if they are identical, state that fact, except noting any particular flaws, damage, etc. to one or the other.  

Best of luck! 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I appreciate the clarification. The items are different, which is why I created a topic (I only found FAQs about same-item listings).

Message 5 of 5
latest reply