Committed to buy, but cant pay because of shipping.

thescotts604
Community Member

i have committed to buy something, but im unable to pay because it says "One or more of the items below cannot be purchased because the seller has not specified shipping costs to the location selected"

will i get in trouble for not paying?

i have sent the seller a message saying i cant pay until the shipping is specified

am able to just delete the item and not buy it?

what should i do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi thescotts..Seller specified N&S America but didn't include any shipping. None of his items show a cost to Canada and may be one who doesn't understand that N&S means continent not just "America".

Use contact in the listing to request total or to please cancel the sale. Only seller can cancel. Your obligation is not removed by archiving.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

PS ..just purchased , relax. Give seller a day or 2 to get back to you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

And your seller may think that North America means Alaska and South America means Florida.

As suggested, relax. The seller cannot start a Dispute until Day Four (96 hours). By then, he should have figured out how to bill you.

In future, if there is no shipping fee given for Canada, ask for a quote on shipping. And don't settle for "Around $5"  You need "By USPS First Class International $6.37 " Or "By FedEx $9.23".

Oh, if he wants to use a courier, don't bid. You will not be happy with the experience.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply