Competitor is Spamming Listings

A competitor is spamming the sales for Sony 75-300 lenses (Search: Sony 75 lens) by having slightly different listings (sometimes only different by a few words in the title). Is this against ebay policy?

http://shop.ebay.ca/items/_W0QQ_dmptZCameraQ5fLensesQQ_sopZ15?_nkw=sony+alpha+lens+75&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270&_odkw=sony+alpha+lens+75&_osacat=0
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The seller is acting within eBay rules. However, I am surprised that more than 10 of his/her listings show on the same page.

When searching for "Sony Alpha Lens 75", there are only 25 results and most of them are his/hers. Fair enough! I guess that seller has the majority of listings with those 4 keywords.

We employ the same tactic and long dominated the searches. Nowadays the competition copies our titles, ad verbatim sometimes 😄

Cheers
Bernie
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

However, I am surprised that more than 10 of his/her listings show on the same page.

It's because there are only 25 matches, if there were 200 matches they would be limited to 10 listings per page BUT I think the fact that each listing has a slightly different price may override that policy.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'm still outselling him. These tactics just damage the marketplace, if only for novice buyers.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply