Guess we need to keep up scores up LOL!

Since launch, we’ve been monitoring and making adjustments. Some of our adjustments will result in a larger number of sellers with below average performance scores being lowered in Best Match search results. If either of the following conditions applies to you, the visibility of your listings may be reduced:

* Your 30-day shipping cost DSR is 4.5 and below
* Your buyer satisfaction rate (shown on the dashboard) appears as “needs improvement,” “poor” or “unacceptable.”
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

doufaceb
Community Member
Wrong!!!

What is the main point to get the buyer?

Price.

I never care about the DSR and the visibility.
(of course not too low)

I only beleive the price.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

doufaceb
Community Member
But I just find a very crap suggestion from ebay:

"give free shipping to increase DSR"

What does that mean?
1. Free shipping, ebay doesn't loose money, buyer is happy (pay less). Seller looses money.
2. if seller add some shipping cost to the final price. So ebay gets more money,buyer syill pays less, seller loose money anyway.

" ebay be a man, just say: we need money and you seller has to pay more"
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It's a suggestion not an order. If free shipping doesn't bring you any benefit then don't offer it.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Price is not everything. Trust me on that one;-)

Xena
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
doufaceb- I believe that you are incorrect about "What is the main point to get the buyer? Price."

In an auction- the price may vary quite radically throughout the course of an auction. So the placement in BEST MATCH will likely change everytime a bid is placed.

FOR A BUY IT NOW item, which is fairly interchangeable with other- PRICE may matter most.

HOWEVER- For most collectible items- BEST MATCH is an absolutely horrible tool to have applied to an auction.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
OK- PEOPLE-

LISTEN UP POWER SELLERS-

IF eBay SUGGEST FREE SHIPPING/SHIPPING INCLUDED will INCREASE their DSR-

WHY (EXPLETIVES DELETED) would eBay then allow the BUYER to leave a DSR regarding a NON-EXISTENT SHIPPING CHARGE ?????

Has anyone thought of this argument?
IF NOT- you read it here first!
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You can only offer free shipping if you add it into your selling price. Then eBay will get more money on your FVF. They are not stupid!
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

doufaceb
Community Member
Here is a situation.

I am not sure you guys know it or not.

Before, many seller list BIN item with lower price and higher shipping. Like 50+ 50 instead of 90 + 10
In this case, buyer still pay 100. Seller pay less in the final fee. Plus when buyer serch items by price, it comes first.
So ebay looses money.

In order to change it, they start DSR.

And they want have more final fee charge, even want the shipping part.

So, they nicely suggest " you can quickly increase the DSR by free shipping" which lead to adding shipping to the final price.

This is what they want.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
doufaceb,

Just a suggestion...you may want to read the eBay policy on circumventing fees through excessive shipping. It's a great way to loose your PS status or worse.

eBay does monitor the board and to publicly announce that you over charge on shipping...not a wise idea.

My .02 worth.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 10 of 10
latest reply