Concerned over accepting a Best Offer from international bidder who has a Private Feedback accont

I have received a Best Offer from an international bidder in Japan who has a Private Feedback account.

Because I will not be able to track the package to get delivery confirmation if I send to them I am nervous about accepting their offer.  Am I being paranoid?  Also it apperas on Canada Post's website that I can't even get insurance for Small Packet-International Air.  The package weighs 1.2 kilos.

I would appreciate the input of more seasoned sellers.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Concerned over accepting a Best Offer from international bidder who has a Private Feedback accont

Depends what you're selling (and how valuable it is).

I would not have any problems with selling to Japan and have done so a number of times. The Japanese postal system is very reliable.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Are you willing to ship to Japan at all?

If not politely decline his Best Offer.

Then Block him.

If you have no bids, you can Revise your listing to refuse overseas bidders. Remember to remove Calculated or Flat Rate Shipping for overseas as well.

If you are willing to ship to Japan, you still don't have to accept his offer.

Because I will not be able to track the package to get delivery confirmation 

That's probably not true. You can -- but the shipping may be very expensive. So what? If an overseas buyer wants it enough, she will pay.

Again, adjust your Calculated Shipping to include a service that does offer Confirmation of Delivery. ExpressPost should be fine.

You can also insure items against loss or damage without going through the postal insurance system. One company that is often mentioned favourably on these boards is shipinsurance.  They do one-off insurance for quite reasonable rates.

And of course, both the Japanese Post Office and the Japanese people are known for their efficiency and honestly.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply