Congrats to all Canadian PS'ers

treasure-pot
Community Member
Having been a contributor and lurker on the .com boards for a few years I just need to get this off my chest.

What a refreshing bunch we Canadians are! The Canadian version of the PS board has been up for just about a month and I can honestly say that I am thoroughly impressed with the civility, compassion, helpfullness and humour found on this board.

I generally check out all threads on the .ca board and I cannot recall a single personal attack. No threats... no mentions of someone's momma, no references to inbreeding... You are a marvelous bunch of people and someone needs to say so! (Just keep in mind that the only difference between a pat on the back and a kick in the a$$ is about 18"! lol)

It sometimes amazes me that our neighbours to the south became a world power without blowing each other up. There seems to be a constant confrontational style that plays out on a daily basis. I no longer visit the US boards because, quite frankly, I find it all rather depressing.

Anyway, I'm pleased to be part of this crowd and hats off to everyone for keeping it human.

Now if only we could get those two guys cheering for the Leafs...

Bill

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

muminlaw
Community Member
'Scuse me? Are you trying to get more of us cheering for the Leafs? Or are you trying to GET the two guys who ARE cheering for the Leafs?? You gotta make yourself clear 'cause Leafs fans and the rest of the world may never agree on anything! If I started to cheer for the Leafs it would be divorce at the very least!!

Signed by a non-hockey fan, married to a Canadiens fan,

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Sheesh Glenda!

Just when I thought I found something nice to say it appears that I screwed it all up... lol

Whats that old saying?... never mix religion, politics and hockey fans.

Bill

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
treasure-pot,

You are oh so right. I very rarely visit the .com board myself anymore. Just no time for the rudeness. Funny thing is it is only one person who has everyone upset. I would also like to pat the ladies on this board on the back especially. They have some much more class over our southern neighbors. I am really hoping that this board continues to grow in this fashion. We are so lucky our American counterparts can not join us here. As far as I know anyway. Lets keep up the fun.

Don
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Awe!!!!!!! GROUP HUG!!!! ;o)

Very nice treasure, and oh so true. I sure hope it remains civil here. Although I have to admit when I'm really bored I love to go read some of the more nasty threads. LOL
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Yeah deltone... I'm a rubbernecker, too!

I confess that I did read some of the two-bears and the holier-than-thou threads but it gets so tiresome.

Its the same few goofys that troll for trouble over there all the time. The only humorous part of it is that there are so many PS'ers that get wound up by those clowns. It only seems to take one or two posts from the troublemakers and the air is filled with pies.

I think I'll stay pretty close to here with a cup of tea and some david foster playing serenely in the background. :<)

Bill

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
~Its the same few goofys that troll for trouble over there all the time~

Yes there's only a handful and I can name them all. Unfailingly, each day, one or more of this elite group goes into some innocous thread and turns it upside down and changes it's enrire original purpose. And, they think it's funny. The love each other's work and probably each other. Ahhhhhh...who cares.

Beautiful posting Bill. It was well said and greatly appreciated. And as far as being a super power or even being superior....I think I'll bite my tongue on that one!

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....

Jackie...
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
Yes, I enjoy coming here for real issues that affect me (Postage, Postage, paypal, paypal!) and since I don't have huge amounts of time for it I head here now. When I'm in the mood for a condensed soap, I might go review the antics at .com. Most of my "favorite" PSs there don't post much anymore. There used to be some really nice people there last spring. Oh well, it's all fantasy over there anyway, and those people take themselves and eachother too seriously! --Gloria
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
~They belong to a mu-tual....admiration society~ Lalalala. Yer right Glo....cliques and nepotism and hypocrasy and egocentricity.

Take it from me - as a recent arrival on the scene - their postings are somewhat intimidating and beligerent and completely non-conducive to the building of a healthy ebay society. It's counter-productive. It impedes the growth of an educational forum and promotes more of a chat ambience which any idiot would know...can only spell disaster.

If you look even at the most simple threads - folks just wanting to share a silly email or a PO experience....there will always be someone posting something negative and trying to shut you down. I think it's a pi$$ing contest all the time, to see who can say the most outrageous thing and perhaps acquire some twisted sense of admiration.

And THEY laugh at US????

Jackie...
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
I have found that most of the boards are like that. Have any of you ever checked out the Feedback, Shipping & Handling or the International boards to name a few? OY, there are some real nasties over there. I always wonder if these rude people would be as rude in person when asked such a simple or innocent question. I somehow doubt it as they'd risk a punch in the nose. I think many of them hide behind the security of the anonymous post on the internet.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Deb - I agree 100% with that. Anonymity is like steel cage. You can possess all the bluster you muster and never fear a physical reproach. But...you had better be prepared to do a battle of words around here. In cyberspace, it's the survival of the eloquent 🙂

Jackie...
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
That's one reason I try to keep my mouth shut .... mostly! LOL

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Glenda - I don't THINK so. You are one of the great gabbers. Straightforward and clear. I think you're being waaaaaaay too modest!

Jackie...
Message 13 of 13
latest reply