Conservatives losing ground, grim polling numbers show

Wow the Cons keep losing ground.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/conservatives-losing-ground-grim-polling-numbers-show-152732133.html

"numbers for the Conservatives are heading in "the wrong direction," with the number of those polled who identify as Conservative down dramatically since 2012 in British Columbia — to 20 per cent from 33 per cent — and Ontario — to 25 per cent from 35 per cent. 

The numbers are better elsewhere, rising to 48 from 40 per cent in the prairies and to 16 up from 12 per cent in Quebec."

when 16% in Quebec is one of the Conservative's bright spots, and they're losing double digits of support in B.C. and ON... I guess it's easy to see why Rob Ford is going to the Oscars....

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

valve37
Community Member

Well no matter what the polls show at this snapshot in time Steveie has had and is still having a really sucessful run as our PM. If I were Mulcair and Trudeau I'd be concerned regarding the split vote. Perhaps an aliance they tried before could change the picture?

What a lovely family don't ya think?

Stevie%20003.jpg

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Guess they are concerned Art.

NDP’s Thomas Mulcair open to coalition with Liberals but Trudeau rejects idea

OTTAWA — The leader of the New Democrats said on Tuesday he is willing to form a coalition in order to take power after the next election, even as the other opposition party leader, Liberal Justin Trudeau, played down the idea.

The possibility of a coalition would have implications for whether Stephen Harper can stay on as Prime Minister after the 2015 election in the event he loses his current majority.

Mr. Trudeau’s Liberals now hold just 36 of the 308 seats in the House of Commons. But polls suggest the party could win the most seats in the election scheduled for October 2015, while falling short of a majority.

“We’ve always said we’re ready to work with other parties. We’re a progressive party. We want to get results,” NDP leader Thomas Mulcair told reporters when asked if he would be willing to form a coalition with Mr. Trudeau after the election.

He pointed out that he was part of the NDP team that proposed in 2008 to oust Mr. Harper — who then had only a minority of seats — by forming a coalition with the Liberal party, backed with an agreement of support from the separatist Bloc Quebecois.

“We even were willing to make Stephane Dion prime minister of Canada,” he said, referring to the then-Liberal leader. “It’s the type of water we were willing to put in our wine.”

Minutes later, Mr. Trudeau told reporters he opposed any formal arrangement with the NDP. He has battled hard for voters to the left of the Conservatives but has viewed some of the NDP economic ideas as too interventionist.

“I made very clear during my leadership [campaign] that I was not interested in any of those options, and the fact is I got a very strong mandate from Liberals to pursue a winning Liberal strategy … for 2015,” he said.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/02/25/ndps-thomas-mulcair-still-open-to-coalition-with-liberals-bu...

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

People are tired of the cruelty of the conservative mentality. They are tired of the lies and false promises. They are tired of the fear mongering, war mongering and prejudices. They are tired of the constantly hiding poor excuse for a PM and the opposite side of the conservative agenda, the redneck Fords. People want hope and a future and they want out of Canada's Dark Ages.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

A balanced budget otta do it!

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/28/federal-budget-surplus-canada_n_4874499.html

"Webb said she believes Flaherty will indeed eliminate the deficit in the 2015-16 year as planned"

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

"Webb said she believes Flaherty..."

Hey everyone, there's a new koolaid flavour!

Tho, you have to give Flaherty credit for opposing his boss and other cronies on income splitting. Even if he's just got his eye on the dwindling size of the Conservative "base"

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

"dwindling size of the Conservative"

I like that phrase, needs changing a bit though.

How about "dwindling size of the Federal deficit".

A major plank in the Conservative's run for a second four year majority. A surplus always produces some juicy perks for voters.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

haha valve!

The federal accumulated deficit has soared under the Conservatives, just like it did under Mulroney.

The Liberals whittled it down carefully and prudently but foolish Canadians upset over a few million that Chretien lost control of gave Harper the power to divert $$ billions and $$$ Billions to his fanatic ideological projects and greasy cronies.

And under Harper, they "promise" to "balance the budget" by 2015. That in no way reduces the deficit!! It remains huger than ever.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

"That in no way reduces the deficit!! It remains huger than ever."

Assuming you know the diff between debt and deficit but in case you don't. It's the deficit that will be eliminated in 2015. That's money borrowed to pay the interest on the debt. There will always be a debt as long as little old ladies keep buying government bonds and money is borrowed to finance infrastructure etc. Trust this clears up your misunderstanding between deficit and debt as is indicated by your statement in italics.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

debt-deficit - yes - the surreal post bragging about the "dwindling size of the deficit" caused my computer to crash. Considering that the Liberals were actually working on reducing the debt and Steve has again increased it by billions (to an all time high), and is only "working on" reducing the annual deficit that he himself created to pay off corporate pals with...

wait... hold it... THIS is a "major plank"?? oh-no! - computer crashing again...

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Talk about a back pedal!

It's been a great time the last few years and still is for governments to borrow $$$ what with CSBs yeilding only 1-2%. About the rate of inflation. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Back pedalling - that's Flaherty, who at one point was promising to *eliminate the debt* by 2021. He dialed that down all right, to "balancing the budget" by 2015. good thing for him haha - hasn't even started to reduce the debt yet, now over $600 Bil...

Message 12 of 12
latest reply