Counterfeit items - is this a problem in your category?

jerseypros
Community Member
Just wondering if anyone else has seen an increase in the number of illegal items being offered in their categories?

If so, have you tried to do anything about it aside from contacting eBay which is useless.

For instance, in this search, only ONE of the 50 jerseys on the 1st page is an Offical NHL licensed product.

http://sports-cards.shop.ebay.com/items/Hockey-NHL__W0QQProductZJerseysQQTeamZPittsburghQ2520Penguin...
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

glossygirl83
Community Member
I sell mostly Guess clothing, They have four tiers of branding from the lowest at GUESS FACTORY, G by GUESS, GUESS and GUESS by MARCIANO. I find quite a few sellers advertising the GUESS FACTORY items as GUESS by Marciano items which are twice as expensive. I have never contacted E-Bay regarding this. I figure it is alway Buyer beware. I suppose it would make a huge difference in your case if they are trying to sell it as licenced if it is not, I didn`t go through enough listings to see what the claims are. I suppose if your sales are hurting because of the increase it would be worth while to check into it. But it is always difficult to get E-Bay to side with you.

Aly 🙂
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I sell Swarovski crystal and jewelry. 98% of the 80,000+ listings on eBay under Swarovski are NOT Swarovski made products.
Does eBay care????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I would be happy if they would just get them removed from the catagory: Decorative Collectible Brands: Swarovski.
Whether buying or selling, its pretty tough to find the real Swarovski items without having to go through 1,000's of fakes.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Everything is becomeing fake now a days .... ppl want cheap . Cinda sucks when your selling authentic stuff .

Im scared to buy trailer loads of shelf pull clothing (name brand) and resell on ebay for this reason .
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Everything is getting more and more complicated. Changes in eBay and PayPal policies make it more and more risky to load up on inventory.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Well, not withstanding the leaning of the discussion, if people aren't reporting listings of couterfiet goods then you're part of the problem ?

But don't be crying wolf constantly either. Swarovski is like memory cards, 98% of those are knock offs as well.

A policy of 'Buyer Beware' is not applicable to eBay. One is buying a product based on the listing, sight unseen. Sellers that cling to such last century excuses are being targetted for removal, just as I am going after the rip off artists that screw you on excessive shipping and currency exchange. If enough of their listings get pulled, they will eventually get tired of it.

regards amp
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Tons of Concert shirts on eBay are not the originals.

Especially the Iron Maiden & Led Zeppelin shirts. Many of the reprints are washed , and then sold as vintage. Some for unbelievable prices.

Unfortunately, there are fake goods in every category. Unless you have a trained eye, oh oh.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply