Customizing search preferences.

Here's my dilemma:

If I buy something that weighs a pound, I'm often willing to pay for shipping.  Likely to be a few bucks.

If I buy a piece of machinery, it's going to weigh a ton, and I'm probably going to drive there to get it.

I would like to be able to create search profiles.  One profile would be, "don't show me anything if it's not within 100 km of postal code X."  Another profile would be, "Only show me with an origin in Canada or the UK. (For reasons that escape me, I can often get a small item such as a book shipped from the UK for under $5, but anything from the U.S. costs the earth.)

This way, I could switch profiles with a couple clicks, instead of switching my preferences all the time.  (I have not found a way to say yes to UK and no to the US.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

When you do a search scroll down to Location in the left hand navigation bar and click on "choose more..."  A box will pop up that allows you do customize the distance for your search.  From the same box you can choose "worldwide" instead to find items in the UK. 

For a search for items in Canada choose Canada Only under Location.  There is no way to set a profile to show you only items from Canada and the U.K together.  You have to do them separately.

You can also log onto the UK ebay site but then you have to find sellers that ship to Canada.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

closeupfanatic
Community Member

There's another search option I wish eBay would have. I'm looking for things that crack nuts. Unfortunately, there are books called nutcracker, there's the nutcracker ballet, there's clothing with ballet themes on it, even nutcracker perfume ... only 1 'nutcracker' out of 20 or so is remotely what I'm looking for.

I can't just pick a single category to search within because things that crack nuts are listed under several.

I'd love to be able to say -[category books] -[category clothing] etc.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply