Customs and or duty on Coins

Was wondering if anyone knew if there would be custom charges on Canadian coins coming in from the US.  Recently purchased approx $100 value.  They have not arrived yet but was wondering if I will get charged.

My way of thinking,  that because they are a Canadian item,  I am just bringing them home.  Should not have left the country anyways.  I am just rescuing them.  LOL

Of course Government's have different thoughts at times that don't seem to follow my thoughts.

Any imput is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

anything over 20 bucks...

but...

duty & customs are lazy folks..I doubt it....

I think it should be at least 200 bucks these days

thats 200 dollars tax free....

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

There is no duty customs excise fees or sales tax on coins coming in from the U,S, firstly if they are legal tender i.e silver dollars or any form of actual currency they are money and CBSA cannot charge you for money......period. If its over $10,000.00 whole new ball game.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

There is not any customs, duty or tax payable on legal currency coins.....period. If it is silver dollars or anything that has a face value that can be construed as currency it is free of all duties or taxes.....period. If its over $10,000.00 you have other issues but make sure you disclose that amount. CBSA cannot charge you anything for money....if it is a token or medal new rules however, legal currency is free.............

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Nice guess , but NO.    Legal currency coins regardless what they are made of ....silver dollars gold coins etc.... if they are a legal currency , not that you would trade a $100 legal 1 ounce gold for the $100....if it is legal tender ....no taxes of any kind. They do not tax any legal currency coin period.

That also include Rupees, rupiah swiss francs british coins pesos ...you name it if its money its free under the $10,000.00 limit...Lot of coins if your carrying that much.....lol

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

zombie.jpg

Message 7 of 7
latest reply