Dashboard & DSR pleasanr surprise

When I checked my sellers dashboard today I was told that I was getting a 15% discount. My cost of shipping rating has been 4.7 according to my feedback page so I was expecting 5% if anything, but the 30 days DSR was 4.8 for the shipping cost. I had hoped that it would be possible to see a 3rd digit on the DSRs on the dashboard, but its still 2 digits.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

That is really strange because my shipping cost DSR never showed lower than 4.8 until the dashboard appeared and showed it as 4.7 giving me a measly amount for a refund at 5%. (and I MEAN measly....)
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Ebay's plot to make sure you do not get the 15% discount. There is no way to calculate the numbers or check their stats to see if they are correct. Great system if you want to make sure we are misinformed and in the dark.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hmmm...eBay still has not calcuated mine yet. I guess sooner or later they will get around to it!

Susan
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Fitzheuen,
I could not agree with you more. We just have to trust eBay.
When the Dashboard was first available I had 4.9, 4.9 4.8 4.8. now after a just a couple of feedbacks left I am at 4.9, 4.9 4.7 4.8 which will disqualify me for the 15% discount. But I have no Idea of how to improve something that is out of my control. I ship daily with Canada Post. Thats as good as it can get. The only thing I could do was to put the following statement into all my emails and listings. "Please judge us on how fast we get your item to Canada Post NOT how long it takes Canada Post to get it to you." .. We will see if that helps
Gehres

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I do put a paragraph in my thank you email telling the customer that shipment will be by Canada Post and that delays may be possible. Many US customers assume that we have the same standard of service as they do, ie Saturday pickup and delivery of mail, so I also mention that we do not have Saturday pickup, and that items mailed on Friday may not get very far before Monday. I also throw in a sentence about possible delays due to US Dept of Homeland Insecurity. I am dealing with stamp collectors for the most part, and many expect to pay actual postage, and in many cases have no idea of the actual postage rate, i.e. many American customers are surprised that it costs 96 cents to mail to the US, and if the letter is a bit oversize its $1.92.

It would be nice if the dashboard gave us a third digit in the DSR number. I have stared at the wee lines in the dashboard and really can't estimate what the 3 rd digit would be, and how close I am to falling below 4.8 on the shipping costs.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
And as luck would have it my 30 day DSR are:

And I qualify for the grand 15% discount. Lets see 15% of 37 dollars is $5.55 cents. WOWEEE!!!! I'm definitely back full time now for sure.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
NOT!!
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
I have been shipping from the US for the last 6 months and the DSR has hardly moved.

Lowered my shipping prices $3 to $4 usd for both Canada and the US and after 500 DSR ratings it still has only moved 1 point on shipping price and shipping time.

The wording of very is the kicker in the system they have put in place.

Buyers feel that accurate is a good rating and so on for the other ratings.

Very reasonable and very quickly are the chink in the rating system.

Express is not a cost buyers are willing to pay and not a cost we are going to eat to get the very quickly rating.

Free shipping is the only way to up the rating but again you are eating the cost or hiding the cost in the price of the item which is not honest.

The shipping of my items with insurance and tracking is a free dollars less than 98% of my competitors.

Do not know what else I can do to get them up even after talking to my ebay rep.

Ship in two days for both Canada and the US and US customers get delivery is in 3 days after shipping.

US buyers are 80% of my business.

The only thing I can do now is to offer everything for free including shipping as ebay wants us to with the new system.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
NOT !!!
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

"Ebay's plot to make sure you do not get the 15% discount."

I earned and received my 15% discount :-) .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Hi Pierre,

2 questions for you (nothing to do with this post). I noticed that you do not have the Powerseller logo . Do you think this gets you more impact do generate more sales / or trust from buyers ? And finally shipping expensive items in regular envelope without insurance. You are not scared of getting burnt. I am looking for new options to improve ebay sales.

Frederic
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

"Do you think this gets you more impact do generate more sales / or trust from buyers ? "

The PowerSeller logo has been known for years to have a negative impact with a few buyers who avoid buying from PowerSellers (some feel PS are too busy to offer personalized service, slow to ship and respond to inquiries, etc...).

"shipping expensive items in regular envelope without insurance."

Sellers have many options, depending on the products they sell. Some use a third party insurer, often offered by industry group. Stamp dealers for example have two large brokers offering coverage.

Others use self-insurance - put aside $0.25 or $0.50 for every transaction; one thousand transactions a year (for example) will yield $250 - $500 - most likely more than needed for whatever claims are made.

On an average year I get one claim of non-receipt per one thousand sendings.

"You are not scared of getting burnt"

This is business. Nothing to be scared about. Sellers simply play law of average and do not take personally whatever claim is made. You refund and move on.

I generally do not require extra insurance (or registration) for anything selling under $500.00 unless the buyer specifically requires it and pays extra for it. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for your help and answers 😉

Frederic
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

zeetoner
Community Member

Get ready for low DSR's from Competitors or from buyers who cannot read properly -

Based on the new rules

1) You need to have tracking on 90% of sales

2) You need to maintain high DSR

3) EVEN if your shipping is on TIME - buyer CAN give you a LOW DSR and there is NOTHING you can do about it - say bye bye to our discount!!

So - you now run a higher risk of losing the discount and even if you state 30 days shipping and even if you can prove that the buyer got it in 5 days - the buyer can STILL give you a 1 for shipping time and you can do NOTHING about it

Welcome to ebays new world of avoiding discounts and destroying sellers

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Very old thread!

"1) You need to have tracking on 90% of sales"

This does NOT apply to Canadian sellers.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply