Dear ebay...I know you'll read this

Your defect system....well if I say you're going to edit the words out anyways.

Why should I be spending my Christmas worried about loosing my ebay account because you can't create a system that works?

Last year when it was implemented you went back months prior and handed out defects no one could fight because all the information was too old.  You then continue to hand out defects if we don't ship on weekends, holidays and in the middle of the night. Just when we think we have everything covered our defect percentage jumps up after 2 defects come off. And now here we are with almost no mail service for the next 10 days.  Congratulations to anyone who survives this

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

After many years   I have come to a conclusion that the key to success on eBay is knowing what NOT to do.

There was many years  that the discussions on eBay.com were read.....  Sellers with problems would be very vocal, and the discussion was always interesting.

Learning how to deal with the problems was most helpful.

These were the things I learned and it was my choice to develop a protocol.... a way of dealing with each sale....to Canadian, to US  and years ago also International buyers ....   and in turn  how to balance things  over holidays... and sometimes a difficult buyer  or two....

Everything I did was a constant....  and I always let the buyer know when the purchase was mailed,  and what they should expect with respect to delivery time.... and for US buyers.... factors that may affect delivery time.  

Also for US buyers.......There was a mention of unique Canadian holidays.....

Everything became automatic in response to a sale....and always in a very positive manner.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

No one at ebay is going to read that

You do not "lose your ebay account" from late defects.  If you get enough, you'll pay 1.8% points higher in fees until some drop off.  If its really bad ebay might force you to change the shipping displayed so a longer time is shown.  Though I haven't seen anyone say that has happened, and most of us here alreayd using the slower options.  Don't know why people think that is the end of the world, a majority of listigs are not TRS badged

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

So many sellers seem to depend on free listings, that that 1.8% (or whatever) rise in costs may be enough to put them out of business.

Being old and cynical, I figure if I can't make money with no discounts, I probably shouldn't be listing it. Or else raising my price.

See there? All you gotta do to be a rich woman, hon, is get over it.-- Saffron

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes there is someone at eBay reading the messages here.  How the heck do they remove some messages, or move message to others, etc.  They do read!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh yes there is someone at eBay reading the messages here.  How the heck do they remove some messages, or move message to others, etc.  They do read!!

Those people work for Lithium not eBay (although a few people from eBay do skim the boards on occasion).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply