Delivery - how do I choose method of delivery?

Hoping to find some answers here - I purchased an expensive item from a reputable seller who uses the Global Shipping Program. The package was shipped yesterday (international - Canada). 

Is there a way for me to select delivery options so that this item isn't left at my door where it could be stolen? I'd much prefer it to be held for pick up or deposited in my mail box compartments where a key is left in my box so I can access the compartment. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Usually this is the kind of matter you need to establish with your seller before you pay for your item by requesting Do Not Safe Drop as a delivery option.

Regardless, if the item is valued at more than about $850 CAD, you will have to sign for it.

Otherwise, contact your seller and ask if they can intervene with the Global Shipping Program. If the seller is motivated to do so, they may be able to contact Pitney Bowes who administer the program. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Put a sign on your mailbox "DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED PARCELS--NO SAFE DROP".

In any case, most carriers will not leave exposed parcels. Instead they leave a Notice in your mail box telling you where and when you can pick up your parcel. Bring ID.

If your purchase is particularly valuable (and your idea of value could be different than mine) you may want to do this for any parcel rather than trust the reportedly erratic community mail box system.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply