Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Customs Humor

Hi Everyone, Well, here I am in Fairy Glen, Saskatchewan and we are preparing to become an island within the next several days as the river is rising. Our home is safe. We are safe. We just will not have a way out or a way in as the river spills arou...

Higher revenues via higher shipping ...

I just stubled upon this "study": http://www.auctioninsights.info/study-shows-bidders-like-shipping-handling-charges.html This section is interesting: Hossain and Morgan state, “Contrary to that theory, we find that charging a high shipping cost and ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

So you wanna understand Best Match...

A really good article (if somewhat long) that may help you to figure out how to rank higher in ebay's new default Best Match criteria. http://www.auctioninsights.info/decoding-ebays-best-match.html

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping time with CanadaPost

Just noticed a feedback from Luxembourg customer that was shipped out last Thursday (13th) evening using Light Packet service. That's 4th working day, not too shabby! Shipments to US take usually over a week, sometimes even two. Recently I had to res...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Very Strange Sales since last Week?

Has anything Changed on eBay.ca Site? Normally 95% of my sales are to the USA and For the last 7 or More Days it's the other way around? Did I block out us Buyers somehow? All I know it's very very Slow, is anybody else having this probling lately? A...

Any suggestions on raising communication DSR?

I thought I was getting 4.9 for communication but my last 30 days score is 4.8. Just wondering what others do and how I can incorporate new ideas. Here is my usual communication scenario: I send an invoice which includes a thank you for theirr purcha...

• 42 replies
  • 0 helpful

The C word

Today I would like to talk about the word CEN***S*** One would think in N**TH AMER*** that Fr** Sp**ch is a given. However at **** that does not seem to be the case. The problem with C********* is that sometimes it can be quite subjective. Especially...

Best in Stores Contest

Hi Everyone, Just wondering if any of you who have eBay stores entered the Best in Stores contest? Susan momoftwingles2

Sellers Dashboard (lite)

It's available NOW (at least for me and a few others). I wasn't getting access through My eBay on .com but from My eBay on .ca I am able to access. Just trying to decide how to celebrate my $9.83 windfall profit!

• 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller dashboard bar graph reads wrong.

Here is what I see. The graph between 4.0 and 5.0 is broken into 10 equal parts, with each part being 0.1 higher than the last. I looked at the 5 % discount and 4.6 actually reads 4.7. For the 15 % discount 4.8 actually reads 4.85. 4.9 is correct 5.0...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

What's going on on eBay? now

I have in my Prefences set Block buyers who: Have a feedback score of -1 or lower and guess what there is someone who just outbid someone on my listing? should I cancel his bid or What? Help:)

Fresh changes at Canada Post for USA / INTL, been told at post office...

Hi, I've just been told at post office by an employee (who was coming back from a Canada Post meeting about new shipping policies) that there are changes regarding customs declaration sticker for Small Packet, Expedited Parcel, Xpresspost, etc. From ...

A minimum amount of DSRs for discount?

Hi! According to my dashboard I should qualify for the 15% discount but it tells me I haven't met the minimum requirements for even the 5% discount. My DSR is all above 4.8. My sold items were down in March because I was on vacation for two weeks so ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

"[...] prohibited from listing additional items at this time [...]", help!!

Hello, I just got this: "You can not submit your listing due to the following problems We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling l...

Oversized Lettermail - 2nd day Delivery

I just tried an experiment ... from yesterday we started getting up early (5:30am), prepare all paid orders to date and go to the post office right after they open. Just got a feedback from customer from Cambridge, Ontario. Her package was shipped ye...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Another HUGE seller bites the dust?!!!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes!!!!! The self-proclaimed biggest seller of jewellery on eBay is suddenly gone!!!! This is the "big 3 in one" that I am always complaining...uh...talking... about that has recently flooded my categories with cheap products &...

European Shipping recommendations

Hello Everyone I am sorry if this question has been answered before but does anyone have any other recommended express shippers for Europe and the UK besides Canada Post. Canada Post express rates are becoming excessive.

Power Seller Suspended

Before I started selling on eBay, I spent a year buying mainly craft supplies which I purchased mostly from one seller. I hadn't been on their site for a long time but happened to see it in My Favourites and clicked on it just to see what was new. Im...

1 cent listings - Can you smell the desperation at HQ ??

Wow, 1 cent listings. It's amazing what a whole lot of bad PR, lower stock prices, competition and "NOISE" can bring. Personally, I think, rather than giving the product away to create site traffic, Ebay should just up and admit that trying to double...

eBay Interface - Cannot End Listings in Bulk

So I think I overdidid it with my listings and want to take 200 listings that were automatically posted down. I had my share of fun with 1c promo now I want them down. But ... bulk END does not work and used to! I get "These listings cannot be edited...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Look at this guy make thousands a day

110237852805 Now look at "Seller Items" and check out completed items. He jump-started his ID with bunch of $0.01 purchases. Then he sold few regular items. Now he sells 4 wholesale lists for few hundreeds a day with 10x more in Second Chances. Infor...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

May I charge my own tax?

Today another 3 Canadian buyers paid without taxes (I'm sure that there is no problems with my tax options on Ebay and PayPal accounts), I am not going to pay these taxes from my profit anymore. Well ... Ebay doesn't care about who will pay a tax. In...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

PAYPAL WILL BE REQUIRED - coming soon!

Just read Auction Bytes news today and ebay has made Paypal a required offering for all sellers on .UK - I'm sure it won't be long before they force the same requirements on .ca and .com Although I offer Paypal, I resent being told I MUST ! I have no...

Miriam...Now that we are being JUDGED....when do we get access?

ebay.com has instituted the DSR 30 day rating system in search results....yet Canadians STILL DON'T HAVE ACCESS to the Detailed Seller Ratings. Please explain: a) how this is fair within the N.A. retail environment, and b) when exactly we will have a...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Swamp Land in Florida for Sale Cheap...

From pcmag.com: March 4/2008 when asked about forum threads that disappear on Ebay Forums, a company spokesman replied: EBay denied that any forum deletions were intentional. If any posts were taken down "it was accidental," the spokesman said. "We'r...

Where do you find tech assistance for stores in Help?

I still have not been able to load my new logo into my store. I contacted Live Help and they posted a link to Stores help but I didn't get it from that little tiny square before it was gone. Also I stayed up all Tuesday night moving all of my copper ...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.