Another HUGE seller bites the dust?!!!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes!!!!!

The self-proclaimed biggest seller of jewellery on eBay is suddenly gone!!!! This is the "big 3 in one" that I am always complaining...uh...talking... about that has recently flooded my categories with cheap products & excessive S/H.

They had 3 user id's that I know about and yesterday the 3 of them had over 2000 listings in "copper rings" alone. And that was a new product for them! They had listings in MANY jewellery categories. One of the id's was pulled last year when eBay closed down a bunch of sellers all at once, but they came back big and strong.

Tonight I did a search for "copper rings" and they are gone! I did searches in different categories and looked for them by store name. They all came up 0. The biggest one had over 70,000 feedback. I am still in shock!!!!
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Obviously something has happened to them. Hopefully this will be good for you and your endeavors! Fingers crossed.

Susan
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I don't know what happened. It looks like they all got pulled. I looked up the web site for their biggest user id and this page came up:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, our Ebay Stores are temporarily out of service.

We are currently working with our Ebay manager to see if we will continue to do business with Ebay.
Please be aware that all pending orders will be processed and shipped as scheduled.

Please make a prompt payment if you have not already done so.
We would also like to announce that www.xxxxxxx.cxx is expected to launch on April 3rd, 2008. All of the merchandise found in our three Ebay stores xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxxx will be combined into this one store. We are expecting a better savings for you because there will not be any Ebay fees involved. Once again please make payment on any items that have not been paid for so we can set up for processing orders on our new website. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Keep in mind that these sellers had listings ending about every minute 24/7 under many different jewellery categories. But they make their money on S/H. All three of them had a 4.3 DSR for shipping charges.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
All of the merchandise found in our three Ebay stores xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxxx will be combined into this one store. We are expecting a better savings for you because there will not be any Ebay fees involved.
Judy, Isn't there a way to report this? They are advertising an off eBay website.

Susan
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Judy, Isn't there a way to report this? They are advertising an off eBay website.

The ad is already on an off eBay site.

From what westernstar has commented I would say they were busted for repeat fee avoidance (excessive shipping) which eBay considers one of their most serious violations (if repeated).

No doubt they are bounced for good.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi recped,

Ah...I see! I misread Judy's post about where the information was posted.

Thanks for clarifying!

Susan
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Many sellers do that, even in my line, especially Chinese and Hong-Kong. Although they are competitors, I would not want them to disappear, I source some of my stuff from several of them and would not feel that comfortable buying direct.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

No doubt they are bounced for good.

Would they really do that? They are very serious about housecleaning on eBay if they bounce their biggest sellers for good!
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

They are very serious about housecleaning on eBay if they bounce their biggest sellers for good!

BIGGEST seller, whose eBay invoice is probably smaller than mine because of fee avoidance?

eBay likes being paid, why would they not be serious
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Would they really do that?

They "forced" b......land to pack up and leave, they were one of the top 5 sellers by volume on eBay (feedback was at about 250,000).

In my mind there is no question that eBay are cleaning house. Will they do a complete job? will they target perfectly? Probably not but a serious effort is better than no effort at all.

It's not so much that they saying to these sellers you can't sell here, rather they are saying you can't sell here and operate the same way. Many of these sellers who are bending/breaking the rules can't make their business plan work if they have to follow the rules or even simply provide quality service. The result.....they "choose" to leave.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Maybe they got bounced because their item descriptions made unproven, misleading, claims about their items. Ebay is clamping down on fake items, and things like corn flakes in various shapes lately.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Yes, some practices of some sellers are interesting. One of the biggest China electronic components and supplies seller offer PCB manufacturing service under one of their IDs. The service is scaled by volume.

I tried to order a batch of PCBs from them and by my requested volume I should be in class 7, which should have cost <$200 delivered. They came back with the pricing of $360 telling me I would be getting 3x volume #3 service. It's still a competitive price, but way higher than what they advertise, classic bait & switch. I told them to p*** off, I rather pay this price to a decent trustable seller who does not employ sales techniques like this.

Plus they often list items for $0.99 with price shifted to S/H. I don't care, but I know few of my competitor are enjoying finding violations in other people listings and happily reporting them to big brother.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

One thing is for sure....People can actually find my listings again since this seller got the boot. And they did, because a few of their listings appeared tonight but when you clicked on them they had been removed.

I wonder how they will make out with a website where they will actually have to put "Buy It Now" prices on everything and assign them an actual value. All of their listings were by auction only on eBay. I purchased some of their jewellery last year and it was junk. Most of it I would not even put out for resale. But their pictures sure made it look good!
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Judy,

I know you must be thrilled! Perhaps one day eBay will look at certain eyelet sellers in the States and see how they charge little for their product but bring in the mula through their shipping!

Hope you are enjoying a good night!
Susan
momoftwingels2
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi Susan,

I have to admit that I don't miss them at all!! I am sure it stopped a lot of jewellery sellers in their tracks. Suddenly this giant seller and thousands of listings are gone from around you. It's kind of like being hit by a tornado. The shock knocks you off your feet. You get back up and the whole scene around you has changed. But then you start thinking that you had better get your act together, plan your new strategy and get going on it before another seller takes over where they left off.

I have seen my store traffic improve in the last couple of days. I am not getting many more bids but many of my sales are directly from my store anyway & the auctions are the drawing card.

Where do you get that nice slider at the top of your listings if you don't mind my asking? Now that my Store has been open for awhile I need to redesign it but am not sure yet what source to use. I do know that I like that slider and have seen it in different eBay stores. I started looking at Auctiva templates tonight and then they went down for maintenance.

If you have any suggestions for me I would be glad to hear them. Thanks.

Judy
Message 15 of 15
latest reply