How long does it take for cleared payments to show up in My eBay?

An item that I sold was marked as PayPal payment pending on June 20. Early last evening I checked my PayPal account and it showed the payment as cleared, although it does not tell me when it cleared. I know it takes a little time to show up in My eBay, but it is now 2:30 p.m. the following day and it still shows it as uncleared.

I contacted live help. He/she said to mark it as shipped if I know the "seller" has received the payment.

I replied that I am the seller. She said in that case you can mark it as shipped and proceeded to tell me how to do it. I think I know how by now!

Then I told him/her that I was concerned that the customer may have received a notice saying that payment had cleared and that she might think I was late shipping it out. He/she told me to contact the person to say that I was just being cautious to protect us both! ha,ha. I am sure my buyer would be pleased with that one.....I hold her "cleared payment" for her protection?

I have never tracked how long it takes for a cleared payment to show up in My eBay after being cleared by PayPal. Does anyone know?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

jakeeangel
Community Member
Ignore the cleared/not cleared thing in My eBay. It doesn't mean much. It's only a visual for you. What counts is what you see in PayPal. You go by that not anything else.

And by the way, stupid advice by the Live Help rep. Why would you mark it as shipped if you haven't shipped it yet. geeze!

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

mark it as shipped

That should have read "mark as Payment Received".....sorry!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
You know i never realized that! i always thought i had to wait for the email, and sometimes, it would take longer for me to get the email than i thought it took to clear the payment. oh well, yet another thing learned!
Kat
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I thought the same thing Kat. It's good to know.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply