Did this thing happen to you ???

ion195
Community Member

today i went to Post Office with two parcels, one for Canada and one for USA,

the one for USA was over $ 2.00 more than i expected,

so i did ask the clerk at the post office about the extra charge.but the charge was right,

well i came home and i did check the informations i had on my ebay auction add.

so with the informations about the pakage size and wheights,

at www.canadapost.ca the parcel was $ 18.37 , and exactly the same wheight and size at ebay calculator was $ 16.33

so i had to pay an extra $ 2.00 , and this is  not the first time this thing happen to me.

i did call ebay i did explained what happen,i was put on hold, and after a long waiting i did hang off, i think the lady forgot about me.

have any of you experiance this ?

something is wrong ,and i am hoping to be able to speack with ebay about this,

should i Not use the calculator annymore on my auctions ?

Thank

ion m

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Did this thing happen to you ???

The calculator is usually fairly accurate. What were the weight and dimensions of the package and which service did you use....Tracked Packet USA?

Just a head's up...if you print your labels out using paypal shipping rather than go to the post office and pay the counter price, you can receive up to 14% off on Tracket Packet and up to 18% off of Expedited USA and Canada.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

does the shipping calculator take into account the fuel tax and gst?i usually  charge 2.00 more over what it says.this usually is closer.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

i was told by ebay,

there are other cases similar,

it may be a glich,

and yes it was Tracked Packet USA,

this is not my first shipping,

like i said in my comment post;

weight and dimension were the same  Canada Post and ebay calculator results were not the same.

thanks

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

thank you for your comment,

yes - the shipping calculator take into account fuel an what ever other chargers are,

the shipping calculator it's job is :

to inform the buyer of the amount shipping cost is

based on the location the buyer is from , and that makes sense,

there is no where saying this may be a partial calculation be advised,

i have send many items to USA, to me this happen two  times until now.

thanks again

ion m

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@ion195 wrote:

i was told by ebay,

there are other cases similar,

it may be a glich,

and yes it was Tracked Packet USA,

this is not my first shipping,

like i said in my comment post;

weight and dimension were the same  Canada Post and ebay calculator results were not the same.

thanks

If you give the dimensions and weight used, forum members reading your reply can check with a test listings and perhaps see what is happening. A fresh set of eyes may see what is happening.

There is also the possibility that the Canada Post web site is in error. The site is being redesigned in the past year. Unlikely, but possible.

What listing had the issue? Please give the item number.

PS As for eBay support saying that there have been other cases similar, that appears to be one of their standard responses when they have no idea what is going on. I do not put much credibility in eBay Customer Support Representatives.

Earlier this year Tracked Packet was set up incorrectly but that was resolved after a long time unfprtuneately. At hte same time Expedited Parcel was broken for a week.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply