Did you know that Australia's import limit is $1,000?

I went on the Australian ebay site to find out what their import limit was, saying our's was $20.  I got a response and they said there's is $1,000.  

Come on Canada, $20?   Are we in the dark ages or what?  I think that we have to pressure our MP's for them to bring it up in parliament to change the limit to at least $200.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The right place to complain about this is:

The Right Honourable Stephen Harper, PC MP

Prime Minister

House of Commons

OTTAWA ON K1A 0A6

The same address would reach  The Honourable Thomas Mulcair, PC MP, Mr. Justin Trudeau, MP, and Ms. Elizabeth May, MP.

Just write OHMS in place of the stamp. A written letter does not require a stamp, to any MP. 

Or if you prefer to email:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Search/Results.aspx?Language=E&search_term=justin%20trudeau

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks that is great information. If we all did it maybe it might make a difference. If they got 10,000 letters/emails regarding the same thing, at least they know that it is an issue. I'm sure they already do but this will just make it more of an issue.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Do you per chance know what the US import limit is. If I am going to write/email an MP, PM, I would like to be able to site what other countries limits are.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The US limit is $200 but it seems never to be enforced on postal items.  There is often a big difference between the law and practice with postal items.

Only on freight entries is the limit strictly applied, and courier and GSP deliveries count as freight.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply