Did you know we missed a half price listing day?

johayden
Community Member
The Canadian announcement board has not posted anything new since November 23, 2008. Information Central on the right side of this Canadian Power Seller Discussion Board has not posted anything since November 24, 2008.

The US announcement board shows that there was a 50% off auction listings for December 10, 2008, posted on December 9, 2008.

Since we (Canadians) have been forced to list our items on the Canadian site to be able to use the shipping calculator (and/or methods of shipping), I have depended on the Canadian Announcement Board to provide me with details regarding reduced priced listing days. I was registered on ebay.com when I signed on almost 11 years ago and have always received email notification regarding any ebay.com listing days...but not this time. Nor was there any message in my eBay messages.

According to the announcement on the US Board, this was offered on ebay.com and ebay.ca yet they failed to inform the Canadians of this special offer. A call to Power Sellers resulted in them telling us they are aware that the Canadian Announcement Board is not working, but no response why we did not receive an email or message in our eBay messages. How disappointing that we missed out on a prime time opportunity.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

A number of people received the announcement in their e-mail box. I don't know if you read the eBay.ca Sellers board or Canada Town Square but there is usually one or 2 posts about cheap listings days before they happen when they, or others, get the notification.

Your fellow community members inside and outside of the Powerseller group are usually pretty on-top of the cheap listing days. I just takes a little extra digging and checking the boards a few times a day.

I know it doesn't excuse eBay for not providing adequate notification, but when has eBay communication ever been top-notch, but you have to work with what you have.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I have depended on the Canadian Announcement Board

You didn't read closely enough the announcement from the previous promo day in November.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200811201508572.html

***Please note, effective December 1, 2008 eBay Canada will no longer post pricing promotion notices on the Announcement Board. Pricing promotions will continue to be announced via email and/or onsite advertising. ***

was registered on ebay.com when I signed on almost 11 years ago and have always received email notification regarding any ebay.com listing days

You've been very lucky, I have several user id's on both sites and I've haven't received email notifications for any of the promo days for at least 2 years. Even when I was getting them they would often arrive in the evening of the promo day.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

binplace
Community Member
Miriam - please explain this is not acceptable under any situation!!!!
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yeah I just happened to stumble upon it that day while signing -in. It was about 3 PM, so I missed most of it, but was able to get a few good listings up. Oh well eBay has filled their stockings with enough of my money this year anyway.

AXE
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Miriam - please explain this is not acceptable under any situation!!!!

I believe Miriam got the AXE.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

binplace
Community Member
Anyone know if someone is taking her place? Where did you stumble on the announcement? Thanks
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I believe Miriam got the AXE.

Not the "axe" just a transfer to another position. As for who is taking over....it's been made pretty clear that the "pinks" for the boards are no more.

The big question is if the boards themselves will continue.

Thing will be clearer by the end of January.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
"The big question is if the boards themselves will continue."- as they exist now, one can only speculate.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

hockey_card_corner
Community Member
Just lower fees & get rid of the Listing day specials altogether...
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Given that the 'boards' are not much more than whining and eBay bashing, why would one continue to expend resources on a service that has lost it's purpose ?
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

On the contrary, Ampurtle, speak for yourself.
I have learned lots from this board and from the many great, experienced sellers in it, and have only found that most of the whiners are those wannabees that don't seem to be selling much or who are more worried about what other people are doing instead of themselves.

AXE
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

hockey_card_corner
Community Member
I find it kind of funny they didn't have something extra for Christmas..& what about a Boxing Day Sale??? I wouldn't expect to see anything now until the New Year.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Message 13 of 13
latest reply