Do any sellers have experience with shipping to Russia?

Hi,I am just stating to sell on ebay and wish to ship internationally.Does anyone have any experience with shipping to Russia?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have shipped there several times without a problem.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

galbox
Community Member

Depends what are you shipping.

I would not ship stamps, as they can be confiscated on central post/customs, even if the recipient has a "legal right to get stamps from abroad". He/she might get an empty envelope with a note that the enclosed philatelic material is "confiscated". And after the recipient sends confirmation of his legal rights to receive such materials (issued by local philatelic organization after the annual duties paid), he might learn that it is too late and the material is sold through some stamp shops in Moscow [and no proceeds to the recipient from the sale!].

Otherwise anything else should be ok, though the delivery is slow. 🙂

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I have shipped about 10 items in the last 4 months to Russia, for the most part it went pretty good.  But expect slow shipping, unless you are using the Tracked international service which can be very expensive.  I used to use the ground parcel service, but it takes for ever and customers complain, I started using the small Air parcel which is expensive considering it has no tracking or insurance, but it's much faster than the ground shipping. 

If you are selling high priced items, then definitely go with the trackable service and buy insurance.

Most of the customers I dealt with from Russia, seemed very nice and honest.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply