How to continue listing while store on vacation

Because of the looming Canada Post strike/lockout my store is on vacation. I have new items to list as well as ones that have ended to relist. Have seen other posts that say sellers are continuing to list. Wondering if it is best to set up as drafts or list scheduled to start some date down the road when hopefully the Canada Post issue is settled. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Either one will work.

The other option is to use Turbo Lister to create new listings that you can upload anytime you want even if it's months or even years from now.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

We are listing and tweeking existing and ending.

Hopefully we take store off vacation hold by the end of the month.

Happy Canada Day

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I use Turbo Lister an have been adding a few items each day.   With the store,  I have 250 items I can put on but will wait until the strike is over before I submit them.  That way I still get my full amount of listing and for the full 30 days.  Submit them now and you will in theory loose those days until strike is over

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm unclear 😞

I thought when you put your store on vacation the items would still show but buyers cannot make a purchase.  Is this incorrect?

Thanks!!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

"I thought when you put your store on vacation the items would still show but buyers cannot make a purchase.  Is this incorrect?"

Sellers putting their store on vacation have two options:

1) show the listing (with notice the owner is away).  Buyers can buy these listings, pay for them and then expect delivery

2) hide the listings and nobody can buy them

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Oh ok.  For some reason I thought there was another option - where buyers can add items to their wish/watch list but cannot buy.  Maybe that one was in my dreams - LOL 🙂

Thank you!!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply