Do you always receive an automated email when an item is being shipped after paying for it?

I recently made a purchase and paid for the item via Paypal right after the auction ended.  It's been 5 days now and I haven't received any confirmation that the item I won has been shipped.  Do sellers have to mark the item as shipped so that buyers received that automated email letting them know the item has been shipped?  Every other item that I've purchased on Ebay has always given me that automated email letting me know my item has been shipped.  Should I be worried?  Thanks in advance for your time.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do you always receive an automated email when an item is being shipped after paying for it?

The seller of the item must mark it as shipped or you will not receive the notification from Ebay. Some sellers only ship once a week, so maybe contact the seller. I would not worry to much, I have purchased items and received them without it ever being marked as shipped, it just depends how thorough the seller is.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for letting me know this. I did end up contacting the seller. He apparently mailed the item a week after the payment cleared even though his profile states he ships within one day of the payment clearing. I've been waiting almost a month now for my purchase to arrive.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply