E-bay refunded buyer for the item that is still on the way with tracking #. Isn't this unfair?

Buyer opened case just because shipping takes longer than he expected.

Although the item is still trackable with its tracking number, e-bay simply refunded the buyer and closed the case.

This is very sad and funny at the same time.

E-bay says I will be charged anyway, and I will never pay it as long as the item is trackable.

What happens if I don't pay for what e-bay charges?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

E-bay refunded buyer for the item that is still on the way with tracking #. Isn't this unfair?

The tracking number proved that the item has not been delivered.

And what the customer wants is a delivered item.

The buyer has only 45 days from purchase (though there are some changes about that) to open an Item Not Received Dispute. If that period was near the deadline, he was right to open the Dispute and protect his investment.

I suggest that you send a polite note to the buyer, giving the tracking number, and asking that when the parcel is delivered, that he return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

This situation often arises when a seller uses the cheap but very very slow Surface shipping to an overseas customer. Was that the case here?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I looked at one of your listings.

Are you really offering Free Shipping to Belgium for a pair of sports shoes?

Have you actually checked the cost of that service?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The buyer is in China and I paid about $60 for shipping.
Now, I know I may not sthip to Asia and Europe again.
The outcome has been reversed in my favor after I sent them my appeal.
Thanks anyway.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply