E-cheques and Paypal shipping

Has anyone noticed that, as of recently, Paypal has blocked the ability to print shipping labels for uncleared e-cheques (started about 2 weeks ago)?

Xena
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No. That's really odd though. I never ship anything without getting paid but do use the print label link to get a shipping quote before invoicing. Don't tell me I have to go directly to Canada Post and figure out the EBay shipping discount by myself now 😞
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Actually it has been longer than 2 weeks more like 2 months for me.

Last year had the same prob. then the lifted it for about 6 months and now it's back

the bad part is is someone opens a dispute and you agree to ship another item your not able to print a label either
I tried all different ways and it's a no go

Must say that's not very good since twice I had 2 Buckles break in transport and the buyers opened a dispute

I then promised them a replacement and was not able to print another label, I had to drag my butt to the Post office and with my disabilities it was not a easy chore

Cheers! 🙂
T.J.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Must say that's not very good since twice I had 2 Buckles break in transport and the buyers opened a dispute

How do buyers open disputes for uncleared e-cheques?

Also, it would be rare for items to actually arrive before funds clear.

I did speak with PP in the meantime and they confirmed it's a recent policy change.

You can just go through "Venture One" to create labels on-line. Downside is no "light packets", thus affecting the majority of our shipments.

For us, one way around it is to use an unused link from buyers who made multiple payments where we combined shipping, changing the "ship to" address. We have at least one every day so we're usually good to go.

Xena
Message 4 of 4
latest reply