EBay's reaction time to bad/fraudulent buyers

I guess this helps to alert other sellers in case of a problem.  EBay's reaction time to bad/fraudulent buyers and removing them in a timely manner is problematic. I had a buyer with 3 chargebacks (fraudulent) and removed by PayPal but the Ebay account is still active. Apparently Ebay doesn't like to remove accounts because they need to credit all the fees.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Do you mean his Paypal account was closed by PP?

Interesting.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Do you mean his Paypal account was closed by PP?

Interesting.

His ability to transact was closed by PP on PP but the account remains active on Ebay. It was reported (twice). I'm sure by others as well. From what PP told me (eluded to)  this buyer was using stolen CC. I contacted one of the other sellers as well and they had a CB case opened against them as well.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

In general, with a couple of exceptions, I think this seller update is better than most in the past. I specifically don't mind the $10 extra for 500 more listings for mid tier because I tend to list in 10 day increments with about 300 items on average running at the same time. In the end, it will save me some monthly fees. Offering a voucher to Canadian sellers for shipping products was an idiotic after-thought with no value. It should have been left out. Other than that, pretty good. The cutting off USD on .ca is a whole different story though.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply