Ebay Canada shipping cheat sheet??

Hey, just wondering is anyone has a "cheat sheet" for shipping items from canada to usa and international. Im new to ebay selling and not quite in the loop when it comes to shipping international and usa. Parcel sizes differ for shipping to canada and every where else. 

This would really help me out!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

hlmacdon
Community Member

You can refer to the Canada Post price list pdf (note this is commercial pricing, similar to what you would receive via paypal shipping labels) here which has all services listed. What you will want to focus in on are the dimensions and weight of your packaged (for shipping) item(s). This will determine what services can be used, based on minimum and maximum dimensions. Pay particular attention to which services include tracking or insurance as new sellers are often tripped up there.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Greetings from New Brunswick!    Go to your Post Office or Postal Outlet and my experience has been that they will provide printouts of Postal Prices.   Alternatively Small Packet rates to the USA and International prices are online on Canada Post.ca     I find I need these prices at my desk on a daily basis.     Message me if I can be of help.    rroader94

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Pay particular attention to which services include tracking or insurance as new sellers are often tripped up there.

As a new seller with high value items, this is very important advice.

You may find that a third party insurer gives you better coverage than Canada Post. Shipinsurance is one company often mentioned favourably by other posters. I have not used it myself, in part because my items are mostly pretty cheap.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply