Ebay Double DIPPING ON SELLER FEE PAYMENTS

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Anyone else has this problem this month or in the past.

I pay my bill as soon as I know what my ebay bill is through paypal.

It posts to my ebay account within 20 minutes as being with the updated balance.

There is no charge to my credit card as I have paid in full through paypal.

Paid my ebay bill March 3 2009 in full for February 2009 fees again and received a email from EBay thanking me for payment March 3, 2009.

I look at my account later that day and it is not showing the updated balance on my ebay account after the payment was made.

I figure that it was a glitch in the system.

Checked again still no changes hours later.

I call them three time over the course of 7 days with the paypal transaction id for the receipts from paypal and ebay.

Still updated billing information is never seen.

Look at it today and my credit card is charged March 10, 2009

My paypal payment for my ebay fees is finally showing on my account for March 11, 2009 even when ebay shows I paid this from there email I received March 3, 2009

I check my ebay account today, credit card, and it is double dipped.

This is to me fraud as I am expected to pay for service I have not even used.

It is like the utility company asking for two months in advance based on your previous bill when you have not used the services for even know how much of the services that you are going to use in the next two months.

It does not take 8 days for payments to clear from paypal to ebay account when ebay sends you and email thanking for payment 2 minutes after you pay your ebay fees.

There explanation is that when you put your credit card on your account even when you make payment that there is a good chance they are going to score with another payment from your credit card.

It seems to be a good luck approach and getting you money back from ebay for the DOUBLE DIP on your credit card.

I was told by the rep from ebay not to talk about them DOUBLE DIPPING OR THE APPEARANCE OF DOUBLE DIPPING and they did not feel that ebay did anything wrong.

WOW what a great way for ebay to pump up it bottom line by hitting a few 100,000 users with this process.

They will take up to 30 days to pay you back or not at all and they have the extra cash that is yours to play with for a SO CALLED ACCOUNTING GLITCH.
Fitz
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Accounting errors happen all the time. I am sure eBay did not "double dip" intentionally.

Your post seems anxious and I did not get half of it, if this is same way you talked to eBay rep, I suspect he did not understand. Plus calling someone cheat does not necessarily spring them to action. Just tell them you believe they charged same fees twice, 1st from PayPal, 2nd from CC. No storyline.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I agree with dipmicro, Fitz.

I generally have no problems with eBay or Paypal reps (except that they often don't know much).

But then, again, I don't treat them as if the were cons either.

Bernie
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

glossygirl83
Community Member
I feel for you! I'm sure it wasn't intentional but at the same time it would put a strain on your pockets. Same situation happened to me except Ebay pushed through payment on an expired card so I was not expecting to have a large chunk on my Visa and it went into overdraft... Visa said they weren't allowed to do that on a card that did no longer eist? and that I could have it reversed but I let it slide and just put it towards my next months balance. Hopefully the money is accounted for and just keep up with Ebay to hopefully rectify the situation.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Why don't you just let them automatically extract from PayPal once a month at the time they feel works best for them.

I've never understood why sellers want to pay their eBay bill before they need to.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Alternatively, replace the card on file with eBay with a Visa-branded $25 gift card from Safeway. Then, spend the $25]:)

Bernie
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
dipmicro and zxenalook. Sorry but there is no accounting error as I phoned them 3 times and emailed 3 times with all of the information on payment.

dipmicro. I suggest that you go back and read my comments again as they are easy to read. I am sure that you have had emails from your buyers asking questions that are worded in a more unstructured format than this post.

"Hey EBay can YOU do this every month as I like giving my money away as it grows on trees in my back yard"

Are we living in the real world here or has EBay become your majority business partner telling you how to run your business.

The comment or issue that I have stated here is that I asked at the beginning of this post in one line "Anyone else has this problem this month or in the past"

I then proceeded to explain the details or point form that I thought would be easy to read. A bit long winded but easy to read. Sorry but I do not write Novels like some other who post here.

Wow it seems that I am the one who is doing something wrong with the comments from the party faithful, Not EBay, when they have MY MONEY.

glossygirl83. You prove my case that they double dip, as you have stated that you had them charge you before on a expired credit card.

recped. This is why I do not attach my ebay and paypal for automatic bill payments as there is no control over what EBay does in Another Area of MY BUSINESS.

The fees were paid in full, as my ebay payment confirmation email indicates from ebay March 3 2009.
I have been paying my bill for 2 years using the one time payment method through Ebay as I PAY MY BILLS ON TIME.

They now they have $564.20 of my money for services unrendered.

Again this is suspicious activity and it is a great way for EBay to balance it's books at the end of a month or accounting period.

The Double Mint Twins would be Great ones to promote this one to Sellers.

"WE WILL DOUBLE YOUR FEES AND DOUBLE YOUR FUN ????

Just waiting for this post to be removed as it is bringing up a IMPORTANT ISSUE.

Fitz
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Hey Fitz - It is a glitch in there automated accounting system. When the same happened to us, a senior rep explain to me that if you make your payment using the ONE TIME PP PAYMENT 48hrs before the DUE DATE of the invoice that their automated system MAY OR MAY NOT catch the payment.

The fact that you called them does not help at all since the invoicing is billed from the Switzerland office and given the volume of invoices they generate there is noway they can stop the robot from charging your card.

They suggested that if we want to keep paying our invoices using the ONE TIME PAYPAL PAYMENT option that we should pay it at least 72hrs before the DUE DATE.

Since your a powerseller you should get a credit back to your creditcard within 30days or sooner depending on your status level. Platinum and Titanium sellers receive preferred treatment the rest of us get to stand in line and wait for our money.

You might want to consider using a creditcard that has only a $500 limit on it so if they do get you again you can at least limit your exposure to $500.

Good luck

TIM @ FTL
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

At the risk of repeating myself, but get yourself a "credit card" with a $25 limit 🙂

Bernie
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

g-manthebossman
Community Member
hey fitz it happened to me too it sucks but if you pay 72 hours before due date it can be avoided, personally I am pissed too because it causes extra interest to accrue on my cc if i do not have the funds to pay the double dip.
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

g-manthebossman
Community Member
addition
meant to say pay the extra charge before the 30 day cc grace period is up.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Hiya Fitz
Sorry to see what happened to you but if it had I'm sure I'd be feeling what you are. I have never had that happen to me as I don't pay my fees with a credit card. After having fraud on a PayPal account I now use a Pre-Paid Credit Card. I can still make instant payments but the funds come out of a bank account. I also stopped eBay from doing the direct payment thing as I will pay it when I want to. I am one of those people who pay once or twice a week a smaller amount as the money comes in.

I'm not sure that Fitz paid 48 or 72 hours before eBay did another one. From what I get there was 7 or 8 days in between, but maybe I am reading it wrong.

You can contact your Credit Card company and request they dispute it for you. That way that amount is suspended and you're not paying any finance charges on it.

I hope you can get this corrected or at least a reasonable explanation as to what happened, but don't hold your breath waiting for the explanation. 🙂

Have a Great Day
Colleen
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

glossygirl83
Community Member
You can contact your Credit Card company and request they dispute it for you. That way that amount is suspended and you're not paying any finance charges on it.

I agree, it seems like at this point that until things are settled with Ebay/Paypal I would get the credit card company on your side. Like I had said in my previous E-mail the bank offered to do that for me, but I let it slide because I did not require the funds. I think I'm a bit confused still... Is E-bay acting like they have only recieved one payment still? Is it not showing a credit to your account?
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

dipmicro. I suggest that you go back and read my comments again as they are easy to read. I am sure that you have had emails from your buyers asking questions that are worded in a more unstructured format than this post.

Actually, no, did not.

Good luck
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
The $25.00 credit card is a good idea in theory as we have already tried that idea. When ebay locks up your account due to they cannot access the card due to insuffcient funds you still have to put a REAL CARD ON FILE TO KEEP SELLING.

I think that they have covered this route and thought of that before any one thought of a Fake Card action in this Power Seller Forum.

I did some more thinking of this on a broader scale as if I was a company this would be a great way to generate revenue with no recourse.

Bottom Line do the Math

Overbill

100,000 users for one month

x $500.00 usd per seller for ebay fees over billing

= $50,000,000.00 MILLION DOLLARS

Then they hold it for 30 days

X .03 interest rate per month = $1,500,000.00 they made in interest using your money.

Now lets multiply that by 12 months

$1,500,000.00 x 12 = $18,000,000.00 Million Dollars

$18,000,000.00 x 5 years = $90,000,000.00 Million Dollars

$18,000,000.00 x 10 years = $180,000,000.00 Million Dollars

THIS WORKS BETTER THAN THE LOTTERY AND NO ONE HAS A WINNING TICKET.

What would you do as a company if there was no recourse from your users or customers under any law.

Fitz
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

100,000 users for one month

That's a joke I presume!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Hi fitzheuen_palms_and_pdas

Looking at your misguided interest calculations, I take it basic maths are not your strong point. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Updates are slow and are likly to miss a statement if you wait till the last minute, or even several days, which means it's a month before it shows on the statement.

Why wait, I clear the eBay fees every Sunday night. Whether it's 1 payment or 12, there is no cost if you are paying out of a CAD paypal account. Typically I keep a float in the eBay account, which is a good way of establishing a listing budget and controlling those costs.

regards amp
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
pierrelebel It is an example to make others think.

Fitz
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

lol - some ppl on here really need to get a life 😛

Way too much drama
Message 20 of 20
latest reply