Ebay Seller Robbed in Toronto

Here is an article from today's Toronto Star Newspaper. Do you think that there was perhaps more to this than just the facts as stated in the story?

Unsatisfied client robs eBay vendor
Nov. 22, 2005. 01:00 AM
HILDA HOY
STAFF REPORTER

Police are looking for four suspects after a man said he was robbed by a disgruntled eBay customer he had agreed to meet in person.

The 19-year-old victim has been selling "Lamborghini-style" door kits on the auction and shopping website since this spring, police said. He agreed to meet with an unsatisfied customer on Nov. 19 at Milliken Park, near Steeles Ave. and McCowan Rd. in Scarborough, at around 5:30 p.m.

He was approached by four men at the park, one of whom identified himself as the eBay customer, indicated he was armed, and demanded cash.

Two of the other men removed the stereo system from the victim's car, police said.

The eBay customer then forced the victim into his own car and, over the next several hours, made him drive to several bank machines and withdraw cash.

He returned the victim to the park shortly after 10 p.m. and all four suspects fled.

The victim was not injured, police said.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This story is silly and there is no need to post it to every board.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

deztinationz
Community Member
Why do you think it is silly?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

1dealsavers
Community Member
Cause he was not robbed.