Ebay Silver Prices

I am wondering why Ebay Silver prices for a one ounce silver bar is over 40$ plus shipping, when the price of silver is around 22$ an ounce? Why would anyone pay that much for silver?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay Silver Prices

Convenience

same reason why so many people become millionaires selling useless junk so lazy people can be lazy and or everything is a little more Convenient for people..

If i live in the middle of no where why spend $40 in gas and pay $22 for for an ounce of silver when i can get it online for $50

Just my guesses

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Their is no eBay silver price.

eBay is a venue where individual sellers set their own prices.

Compare it to a Flea Market

Their could be 5 sellers at a flea market all selling the identical item for five different prices.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Personally I think much of the bullion sales on eBay are related to money laundering (on both ends).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

The general public believes that prices set by sellers have some sort of concrete meaning, and don't get that these prices are really pretty much at the discretion of each individual seller.

They have it in their minds the price equals value.

That's why.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

The simple answer is " Because people will pay it"

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Well, I guess cbsalesnb hit the nail on the head. People will ay it plus, its about convenience.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

In terms of scrap silver buyers on here routinely pay way more than I can get at the local gold and silver buyers shop. I can get 50 cents a gram for silver and that's it,

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I Agree

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

and it looks like a good one at that   🙂

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

One of my pet peeves on ebay is the way sellers claim that unmarked silver coloured antiques are Sterling.

A few countries did not mark Sterling as such for short periods of time during the course of history, but those are few and far between.

Bottom line: If it has no hallmark, it is probably not Sterling.

If it tested "Sterling" and has no stamp as such (also a ruse), it's probably plated.

Still, buyers fall for it all the time and sellers routinely swear up and down and guarantee the piece is sterling even thought there is no hallmark.

IMO they have a LOT of nerve doing that.

The thing about old Sterling items is that they tend to be high quality and very desirable, and worth much more than the metal itself.

Just sayin'.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Bullion prices are volatile. The price today could be twice what it is tomorrow or half.

Which is exactly why gold should be the basis of all money. Because.... oh, wait a minute.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply