Ebay delivery estimates too optimistic and not changeable

We use ChitChat's International , it's cheap and reasonably fast to Europe, but very slow to Australia and NZ. I select "Economy Int'l Shipping" and make prominent note on top of description that Worldwide shipping takes 2-6wks.

NZ buyer opens case after 5wks. When I ask why he opened early, he shows me "Sale date: 04/24/14 Tracking number: -- Estimated Delivery: Tue. May. 6 - Fri. May. 23".

Ebay is promising housenumber transit time on my behalf without giving me chance to change it and I am supposed to have an obligation. The guy demands a refund early based on Ebay's promise, Ebay should refund from their own pocket.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Some of their estimates are much too quick although the customer should keep in mind that it is an estimate, not a promise.  I rarely have a package take longer than 10 days to Australia, is Chitchat using Canada Post surface? I would think that any U.S. service would be faster than 4+ weeks.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

As a rule we would never use surface shipping to a place overseas. Takes way too long and is just asking for problems.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply