Ebay does not respond to Better Business Bureau complaints

I've had a problem with my account for over 6 months have not been buying or selling anything with ebay. Ebay keeps overchargeing my for items i did not sell. I have filled a complain with the BBB.org but ebay refuses to answer why they are over charging me.

Has anyone else had such bad experiences with ebay trying to rip them off?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Nobody cares about BBB

Are you sure your claim of "overcharging" by eBay is valid?

Do you really understand how the fee schedule works at eBay?

"ebay trying to rip them off?"

Could you explain in details exactly what you mean (with specific examples please).

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

"Do you really understand how the fee schedule works at eBay?"

It seems they just charge for item you don't sell then they block your account.

People do care about BBB, people rely on that. I would not do business with a company that has a bad reputation with the BBB.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

"It seems they just charge for item you don't sell then they block your account."

eBay charges fees to list (whether the item sells or not) and again when the item sells (whether the buyer pays or not)

Please take a look at the eBay fee schedule for details:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html

Now, if you see a fee charged in error in your account, you need to investigate what was charged and why.

"then they block your account."

The problem here appears to be how your buyers feel about your sales.  Your feedback page says it all. The last five buyers leaving feedback show:

2 positive

2 neutral

1 negative

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

People do care about BBB

BBB is a fraud, they have no power to do anything and buying a membership is all it takes to massage complaints just like eBay massages feedback for it's diamonds.

And no I'm not bitter about it because I understand that is how the business world turns.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Well, not exactly a fraud, but they are a franchised business who sell memberships to LOCAL businesses and in turn provide mediation for unhappy customers (not always of BBB members) and guidance on the reliablility fo LOCAL businesses.

If you want a legal body to deal with your problem, you would be better off with a Small Claims Court. It costs about $25 to file a claim and you can present your case to a real judge yourself. No lawyers are needed.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply